Potato chips

TemptingFate

40 year old rider asks, "Mind if I eat in the car?"

I say, "I'd rather you not eat in the car. I try to keep it clean but if you really want to, I guess I can clean it up later."

He replies, "Keep it clean, gotcha."

He proceeds to munch on his bag of chips throughout the 30 minute ride, singing along to the radio, then leaves 1 star with a complaint about service level.

@@@@ Paxhole. I gave him 2 star because he didn't make a mess.

Ubermcbc

I say, "I'd rather you not eat in the car. I try to keep it clean but if you really want to, I guess I can clean it up later."

He proceeds to munch on his bag of chips throughout the 30 minute ride, singing along to the radio, then leaves 1 star with a complaint about service level.

You should have hold that bag of chips as a hostage until the trip ended. Lol.

Fuzzyelvis

Carry a small bag of chips with you at all times. If you stop for a hamburger keep a few fries and lettuce left over.

Get a pax who really annoys you and you can sprinkle it around and get a $20 cleaning fee. I know this because I had a pax eat a sandwich (didn't realize until I was on the freeway and he was trying to hide it). I didn't feel like a confrontation as it was my last trip and I was tired. Just said screw it and dropped him off. But I checked the back after he left and there were crumbs and lettuce on the seat. Took a photo expecting nothing and got $20. Literally 1 minute clean up. Probably depends on if the CSR is a clean freak as to whether you'll get lucky though.

IR12

Prefer?
Your car, you're decision-maker.

uberdriverfornow

you simply kindly ask pax that they don't eat in your car....if they give you any lip you simply say you are forced to end the ride

there are drivers that love making money off cleaning fees but driving around in a dirty car more than offsets a cleaning fee

TemptingFate

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If pax seems like a problem, I got no problem cxl'ing ride. I am not trippin on *s.
In this case, the ride was a good one, 30 minutes into city center from the boondocks. If I cancelled, I would be unlikely to get another. So I tried to compromise and keep the rider happy.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Had a petite middle aged lady, late for pickup, CRUNCH on hard avocado toast in my car last night during her minimum fare trip. I mean, the sound was unbelievable.

Found several crumbs on the seats after she got out. 3*'d her and flagged "late for pickup" and "cleanliness"....no doubt she was late because she was preparing the toast while I sat in her driveway. Still no tip almost 12 hours later.

If you're going to expect me to be your personal chauffeur, who waits for you and cleans up after you, you better put some cabbage in my palm!

Another Uber Driver

Prefer? Your car, you're decision-maker.
Original Poster was just being nice. At times, that will get you somewhere. I will begin by being civil and businesslike, if possible. If someone is opening a bag of potato chips, you can put a stop to it right there. If someone comes out of an event with a plate of food (a favourite of Gryft users), the trip does not start. I will make an effort to shuffle, but, some times you can not and you simply eat your time to avoid a customer who wants to eat in the car.

If Uber actually would pay something close to current cab rates, I could take my Uber car to a shop and have rubber floors and vinyl covered seats. Unfortunately, I can not find a shop that will do the work for 1979 prices.

you simply kindly ask pax that they don't eat in your car....if they give you any lip you simply say you are forced to end the ride
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UberBeemer

Who remembers Steve Martin's stand-up comedy?

"Mind if i smoke?"
"No, mind if i fart? Its one of my habits. I quit once, for a year, you know? But, i gained a lot of weight..."
Post automatically merged:

Try it. Someone says, mind if i eat? ...

Last edited:

Seamus

I drive a 1979 AMC Pacer so I let anyone eat or drink whatever they want cause the seats are pretty much already destroyed. Besides, whatever food scraps get left behind become the free amenities I offer. How did I get a 1979 Pacer approved for Uber X you say? Just forged all the documents so Rohit thinks I am driving a 2009 Pacer. Hope support stays in India!