Posting signs about uber tipping policy in your vehicle

JimmyJ89

As many of us know, the amount of people that don't tip is insulting. I had a conversation with a pax the other day about tips. She asked me about if she could leave a tip in the app or if it was included. I informed her of ubers tipping policy. My idea is to basically print out the uber tipping policy and post it to the back of my seats, as I believe that a number of people that don't tip simply think that it's included. What is everyone's take on this idea? Or has this been done before?

paulmsr

I'd think printing out the policy wouldn't help much. doesnt the policy say it's not required? so i'd think most PAX would say okay cool i don't have too.

MiddleClassedOut

It's worth it I think...I've had a number of Lyft customers say they use Lyft because they can tip - the good PAX who know how little we make. I am under the impression tipping has nothing to do with amenities, or whatever, consistently 3/10 tip on Lyft. I'm sure a fair number of Uber users would too if they understood more. The problem is most people don't like using cash anymore.

Here is what I would say if asked me about the tip was included statement:
"That was an outright lie Uber used for marketing purposes and they were sued for it. If you look at your old Uber receipts, you will notice there was no gratuity line in the receipt, which would be required by the IRS if there was a gratuity charge. As a result of that lawsuit, we are now allowed to solicit tips, but they are not required."

Usually I would then go on to admire Uber's cleverness in using a simple 6 word phrase to kill tipping for drivers...It's amazing what they did. Absolute genius.

Ben Doerr

A friend had this." uber does not require tipping and neither do I. If you would like to show you appreication for service above 5 star" his pay pal account.

Ben Doerr

I did not ask but his enthusiasm was pure.
He had water and mints.
Sorry I could not discourage.
I am so ashamed

JimmyJ89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is what I came up with. Strait and to the point. It isn't "asking" for a tip but is simply saying that I appreciate it.

Attachments

Danz Haagen

As many of us know, the amount of people that don't tip is insulting. I had a conversation with a pax the other day about tips. She asked me about if she could leave a tip in the app or if it was included. I informed her of ubers tipping policy. My idea is to basically print out the uber tipping policy and post it to the back of my seats, as I believe that a number of people that don't tip simply think that it's included. What is everyone's take on this idea? Or has this been done before?
a lot of people who use uber are broke. i assume

JimmyJ89

That still shouldn't negate the fact that you should tip as a rider. It's customary. You tip a taxi driver, you tip your bar tenders, your barber, your waitress. Why is uber the exception?

Danz Haagen

That still shouldn't negate the fact that you should tip as a rider. It's customary. You tip a taxi driver, you tip your bar tenders, your barber, your waitress. Why is uber the exception?
Because all uber drivers brag how their incomes are great.

JimmyJ89

I could be making a million dollars, it doesn't matter. If I'm going out of my way to provide a service for you, tipping is the custom. It's not even the amount of the tip that matters. It's the principle as well.

It's all because uber say tip is included. I've had pax tell me that. How they could think a tip is included in that cheap ass fare I'll never know. I've had some people tip $5 for a $3.75 fare. You know, people with class. One passenger was even upset saying its false advertisement leading the customer to believe the driver is getting a gratuity. It is what it is. Uber won't change. They're making millions and if one driver quits, there's another 25 signing up to drive the next day anyhow