• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Post Your Auto Repair Shop

Seth619navy

Yeah, yeah, I get it. You do it yourself. Well, some of us don't have garages, so stick it.

Anyhoo, I need an oil change and a transmission fluid change... and possibly even new brakes. Do any of you fine folks have any good recommendations for good, yet affordable repair shops in the San Diego area region? Tired of being ripped off by Jiffy Lube.

Seth619navy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought my car from Mossy Nissan. Aren't dealership's known for ripping their customers off on repairs?

William Fenton

I bought my car from Mossy Nissan. Aren't dealership's known for ripping their customers off on repairs?
They use to and some still may. I have been going to mossy for 20 years and have no complaints. Had a service advisor tell me several years ago that they want to build a customer base for the dealership by keeping customers happy. You aren't going to buy a car from a dealership that rips you off in the service dept.

Supersponge

Growing up in s.d me and my family always for years buy the parts needed here in u.s and take to t.j almost any mechanic thier and they are everywere will do the work for a price u offer them...try to avoid the downtown area cuz they expect a lil more cuz thats were most americans first stop is

Uboo

Yeah, yeah, I get it. You do it yourself. Well, some of us don't have garages, so stick it.

Anyhoo, I need an oil change and a transmission fluid change... and possibly even new brakes. Do any of you fine folks have any good recommendations for good, yet affordable repair shops in the San Diego area region? Tired of being ripped off by Jiffy Lube.
Evans Tire (coupons online)(negotiate)

Transportador

I use On Broadway Auto Care in Chula Vista. Hands down the best shop that will save you money and fix it right. They work on everything, including BMW and Mercedes. Might be too far south for you though.

How come you don't use the NEX Autoport?

DirtyRead

I don't know what kind of time frame you have but try driving around repair shop areas like the backside of Miramar and Carrol road with your app on. I get a lot of repair guys going back and forth as well as people dropping off or picking up their cars. Might get a deal or get some good ideas who to use or not use

Declineathon

Pep boys did a good job on my brakes and tires, oil too. And replaced the brakes later when they wore out

Null

If you're willing to put the sweat in I'll let you use my garage and tools. I have everything. Ramps, jacks, stands, impact wrench, torque wrench, brake grease, drain plug crush washers, caliper piston compressor (AKA C Clamps) , etc. etc.

You'll need fluids, brake pads (and probably a hardware kit). The only thing I can't do is rotor resurfacing. Well, unless you want to do it the ghetto way and spin the rotor as you grind it on a grinding wheel (ill-advised). However, if they're beyond the minimum thickness or have a lip, it's easier/cheaper just to replace the rotors too. In this case, I also have the rotor/hub surface prep abrasive discs and a brake dial indicator to measure lateral runout.

I think your North County now right? The two non franchise repair places i use is. All german auto in Escondido And Aloha Motors in San Marcos. I think with the service your looking for is i would take to Aloha. He will be upfront with price and all and not up sell. Doug is owner. Stand up guy. Only thing is that get pretty busy. No matter where you go mechanic hourly rates are true unicorns.