Post Uber : don’t know what to do with coworker

7Miles

So I drove for Uber for 4 years , partly because I don’t wanna deal with coworkers and bosses. As you might noticed, it’s hard to survive on Uber so I quit driving and got a job and lo and behold I have a situation now, don’t know what to do.
Situation : I talked to one of my fellow coworkers, we could chat for as long as we could had time . Nice fellow. I was considering befriend him. One day I wasn’t at my place , was on my break. He was passing by and reported me not being there to his supervisor and submitted an electronic report. I came back from break and my supervisor showed up, saying he’s got a complaint/report I was not at me place of work. My supervisor is a cool guy, he knows me and also got mad that my coworker would do that to me and also to him since that makes him also look bad. So now when I see my coworker,I don’t say anything . Not even hi. Next day he saw me, he said “ I hope I didn’t get you in troubles” I told him that he did. Couple days later I get text from corporate that the were also viewing me on videos that several weeks old and asked to improve this and that.
Today that guy, the coworker came to me again saying what he did was biggest mistake.
I really don’t wanna talk to him , I am bad at faking. But I also don’t wanna make him mad in case he is now will be obsessed with me somehow, trying to catch and report. I just want him to go away from my life but he still tries to make friends with me.
What do I do ?

25rides7daysaweek

So I drove for Uber for 4 years , partly because I don’t wanna deal with coworkers and bosses. As you might noticed, it’s hard to survive on Uber so I quit driving and got a job and lo and behold I have a situation now, don’t know what to do.
Situation : I talked to one of my fellow coworkers, we could chat for as long as we could had time . Nice fellow. I was considering befriend him. One day I wasn’t at my place , was on my break. He was passing by and reported me not being there to his supervisor and submitted an electronic report. I came back from break and my supervisor showed up, saying he’s got a complaint/report I was not at me place of work. My supervisor is a cool guy, he knows me and also got mad that my coworker would do that to me and also to him since that makes him also look bad. So now when I see my coworker,I don’t say anything . Not even hi. Next day he saw me, he said “ I hope I didn’t get you in troubles” I told him that he did. Couple days later I get text from corporate that the were also viewing me on videos that several weeks old and asked to improve this and that.
Today that guy, the coworker came to me again saying what he did was biggest mistake.
I really don’t wanna talk to him , I am bad at faking. But I also don’t wanna make him mad in case he is now will be obsessed with me somehow, trying to catch and report. I just want him to go away from my life but he still tries to make friends with me.
What do I do ?
Stalk till you can make a report on him. Then say you made a big mistake and are even ?

Christinebitg

I agree with the previous responses.

Yes, he made a mistake. Apologizing to you was the right thing to do at that point. But that doesn't mean you should renew the friendship.

On the contrary. The most charitable spin you can put on it for him is that he showed bad judgment. Don't put yourself at risk with him again.

C

Atom guy

What do I do ?
This exact nonsense is why I started driving Uber. People in the workplace are just impossible these days.

7Miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for your advices! I think I will handle it just like you guys says - be polite but don’t engage. I wish he just went away but he tries to be friends with me every time I see him, he’s got something to ask me every time. Just stay away from me is what I want.
What makes it hard for me is also my daughter was sexually molested by a relative, I can’t really trust anyone anymore, some relatives got on the molesters side so he don’t go to jail and his two children don’t be without farther. Police wouldn’t do anything, it took me some real effort to make the case go to DA and finally to court. Now his attorney playing games.
I don’t trust anyone, everyone is just to get your money or your young child if you nice enough to trust them. So tired of this . My supervisor is the only one I trust besides my wife . If he throws something at me, I really not gonna trust anyone.
That’s why I am here btw. Incognito.
Thanks for advices !

UberBeemer

What do I do ?
Based on your side of the story, and presuming you were taking an allowed break, and presuming you are a good employee, i think you have a terrible manager. What he should have done was bring you both to the table, let the co worker explain to you that he reported you, and why, and then let you explain to both that you were on a break. Then, the manager should have told you both not to make assumptions and that reporting someone is a serious issue. And finally, manager should have filed the report in the trash.

Just be polite to this guy, and ask the manager if he can find one of you a new area to work.

mrpjfresh

Kick that hall monitor right in his pills and just walk away. It's no less than he deserves. Are you a lifeguard or in charge of nuclear safety at a plant or something else life and death? If not, who cares if you go on break as long as it is within the rules of the employer. This loser is no better than the "I'll tip you in the app" breed of liar. Never to be trusted again!

JimKE

I wish he just went away but he tries to be friends with me every time I see him, he’s got something to ask me every time. Just stay away from me is what I want.
If he keeps that up, I would talk to the supervisor. Tell him you are not mad at the guy, but you have moved on and it's time for him to do the same. Tell the supervisor the guy is constantly apologizing to you and ask the supervisor to step in and stop him. If that fails, ask for one of you to be reassigned, or go get a new job.

fredfighter

I would suggest that you politely accept his apology and then suggest to him that it would be best if the two of you had a 'cooling off' period during which you both agree to politely avoid interaction.

You can decide how long that period should be -- like as long as the heat death of the universe remains pending.

hrswartz

What do I do ?
Sadly my advice might get you locked up these days 'cause ❄'s rule but in my day if someone pulled that :poop: we'd take 'em outside and kick the :poop: outa 'em and hopefully they'd learn the lesson... just sayin'

No Prisoners

What do I do ?
Tell him how great it is to work doing uber. Make up stories about hooking up with passengers, great tips. Anything to convince him to quit and go with Uber.
Problem is that he just might go out looking for other drivers breaking rules to snitch up.