Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Possible uber opportunities for pickups and transporting the elderly

814 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bill Collector 
#1 ·
Looks like uber pickups are getting more popular. Impressive stories on hardworkingtrucks detailing uber pickup business in Texas that's taking off. Plus, federally mandated Dial-a-Ride in Maricopa County, Az. has experienced double-digit growth this past year. Baby boomers are getting older and need more rides for healthcare, etc.

#2 ·
The problem is the current generation of older folks isn't very smartphone savvy, or that is to say many of them don't even have smartphones. I know both my parents are in their 60s and both are more than satisfied with their flip phones, heck I was even using one until I started Ubering. When I was growing up kid's didn't all have their own phones, most families were aghast at the though of their children needing $30/month devices. Nowadays every teen has a smartphone that is probably costing a lot more than $30/mo.

It is unfortunate though, because I see little old ladies all the time taking taxis and spending way more than they ought to for their transportation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.