Possible driver earnings increase next month for 180 days of change

Driver88

I watched this video on youtube and heard that there is speculation of a possible earnings increase for all drivers next month for 180 days of change.

I might be in the minority on this one, but at first I was kinda exited to hear of this possibility of pay increase, but at the same time I am wondering if an entire pay increase for everyone might be a downfall in the long run. What i mean is if the high pay does happen, this means more and more people are gonna quit their current jobs and join uber, and its gonna be more competitive. I think it could be a potential lose lose situation. I sometimes have days where it feels like i only make minimum wage but I still like this job the way it is. I guess i could see how the increase would be good for the other markets in the US. Seattle is actually one of the top payed cities for uber drivers along side New york and San Francisco .

DexNex

I have said this before...

If you cannot operate profitably at the current base rates, then you should not be driving.

Smashup

I heard for 180 days of change the app was going to mine bitcoin on our phones whenever we don't have a passenger in the car.

I heard in New Mexico, their 180 days of change include a shake and bake meth lab that fits in the drunk and still allows the normal baggage for airport runs.

The Ghost of Travis

I heard for 180 days of change the app was going to mine bitcoin on our phones whenever we don't have a passenger in the car.
I heard in New Mexico, their 180 days of change include a shake and bake meth lab that fits in the drunk and still allows the normal baggage for airport runs.

Just think if we all bought $20 dollars worth of Bitcoin in 2009 we would be at the country club talking about the Uber Black we are about to take.

Travis Bickle Uber

Exactly. That would solve a ton of problems in one fell swoop.

I just want Uber to explain why it makes sense to send us on a 3-5 minute drive to pick someone up going 4-6 minutes for a total of $2.75 after ubers cut. For 10-15 minutes of our time. Even if it is a BS justification. Just want to hear it.

heynow321

I just want Uber to explain why it makes sense to send us on a 3-5 minute drive to pick someone up going 4-6 minutes for a total of $2.75 after ubers cut. For 10-15 minutes of our time. Even if it is a BS justification. Just want to hear it.
but if you do a bunch of those in an hour, you're making good money!

I would make the argument that this area of the business is where the price flexibility has the most wiggle room. these lazy fat @@@@ millennials (as i drunkenly eat a big plate of pasta at 2 am...) are requesting rides for 5 blocks b/c prices are so low. however, if the minimum fare was raised significantly, the customer's cost-benefit analysis would still be in favor of boober by a wide margin.

A) there's no parking god damn anywhere in seattle, ever.

B) on the off chance you find parking in a desirable location, you'll pay FAR more than $7 for it.

C) a higher minimum fare is still better than a $10k DUI

D) you don't have to worry about property crime or damage.

these jackass customers would still gladly pay $10 for their 6 block ride to whatever shit bar on crap hill they're going to and back home again than drive. this would incentivize drivers properly and massively improve customer experiences.

Last edited:

Logger

I'd like to see them incentivize the rates. A driver that has x amount of rides (say 1000), and a rating above x (say 4.93) receives a higher rate. It irks me still that I have over 2500 rides with a 4.96 rating and make the same as a guy who is just starting out, doesn't know seattle, smells bad, has a filthy car and is rude to passengers. Uber realizes they have an unlimited pool of labor. They don't seem to realize they don't have an unlimited pool of quality labor.

Travis Bickle Uber

I'd like to see them incentivize the rates. A driver that has x amount of rides (say 1000), and a rating above x (say 4.93) receives a higher rate. It irks me still that I have over 2500 rides with a 4.96 rating and make the same as a guy who is just starting out, doesn't know seattle, smells bad, has a filthy car and is rude to passengers. Uber realizes they have an unlimited pool of labor. They don't seem to realize they don't have an unlimited pool of quality labor.

How would that work? PAX don't have a choice in driver and there's no way uber would just subsidize and charge less then what they paid out. I like the idea a lot! I am a 4.94. But curious how to implement.

Logger

How would that work? PAX don't have a choice in driver and there's no way uber would just subsidize and charge less then what they paid out. I like the idea a lot! I am a 4.94. But curious how to implement.
Beats the heck out of me how it would work. Similar to boost maybe. It's my understanding that riders don't pay extra for boost; uber subsidizes it. All I know is I can't believe I get paid the same as some of the jokers out there. I actually enjoy this job most of the time, but there is no incentive for me to stay with uber if I don't get an occasional pay increase.

Surgeless in Seattle

Except they'd probably tie it into Pool.

Travis Bickle Uber

One other thing I'd like is Uber to explain the service from a drivers perspective to PAX in the PAX app. For example most people are clueless we don't know your destination until we pick them up. I think better understanding of the driver side of things would result in better PAX

GT500KR

I'd rather see a minimum fare of $7-$10 established instead of raising rates. Would be a win-win for uber and drivers.

Plus 2 bucks per Xtra pax.

One other thing I'd like is Uber to explain the service from a drivers perspective to PAX in the PAX app. For example most people are clueless we don't know your destination until we pick them up. I think better understanding of the driver side of things would result in better PAX
X will always be bottom feeders, after 4K trips or less you need to buy your way up to at least XL/LUX. or Quit.