Possible $40,000 cap on 2nd Stimulus bill

Mkang14

man so many big i mean big companies got hundreds of billions.

this gonna be panama papers watergate big once all the details are out

churches, rescue missions,non profits, even my man ice cubes big 3 leauge got loans, these are retired millionaires & cube gotta be worth half a billion by now, huge brands & chains its really disgusting

meanwhile im told every 2 weeks to check the status on my 1K with tier 2 support, on hold hours, hung up on by system, cant get thru, then the irs doesnt even have the ability to add a citizens direct deposit info they rather mail a check to an incorrect address than serve their citizens again with hour long holds, robots that offer no info, system that hangs up on you

meanwhile all the mom n pops, bars, restauraunts are only allowed 25% of capacity anyone whose ever owned or ran a business knows you cant profit like that, why open?

whole things disgusting
Post automatically merged:

Me too, if that holds for 'joint' filings as well. S'ok people making < $40k need it a lot more.
50% of all workers who earned 40K or less LOST their jobs & they not coming back nor are they getting much help, they think 20 million jobs going to come back aug 1st lol

if they dont continue that 600 its gonna be anarchy out here

but woohoo, grossed 38K on uber so bring it

NicFit

After deductions I will qualify, without them there no way I would. I think most rideshare drivers qualify because they deduct so much and end up with so low of income after deductions

Ssgcraig

I will qualify
Post automatically merged:

I think all Uber drivers will qualify
If Uber income is all you claim, every driver would qualify. Taxable income after mileage is $500 for the year? I don't think when an Uber driver does their taxes, the taxable income is over $40,000.

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adjusted gross earnings. Only on what you paid taxes for. Everyone in on demand services should qualify.
It doesn't really state that it's adjusted gross earnings. I'm assuming it's the black and white gross earnings you filed in 2019.
I made 38,900 gross with my main job but I made 5500 with Uber which put me over 40K. I don't believe they will sit down and dissect 200 million 2019 tax returns to figure out the adjusted gross earnings.

Older Chauffeur

It doesn't really state that it's adjusted gross earnings. I'm assuming it's the black and white gross earnings you filed in 2019.
I made 38,900 gross with my main job but I made 5500 with Uber which put me over 40K. I don't believe they will sit down and dissect 200 million 2019 tax returns to figure out the adjusted gross earnings.
The eligibility for the stimulus checks sent out in the last few months was indeed based on AGI. It stands to reason
that any subsequent stimulus package would follow the same rules for eligibility. Since AGI on a tax return is the primary number for calculating tax due, it wouldn’t require anyone having to “dissect 200 million 2019 tax returns to figure out the adjusted gross earnings.”:wink:

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The eligibility for the stimulus checks sent out in the last few months was indeed based on AGI. It stands to reason
that any subsequent stimulus package would follow the same rules for eligibility. Since AGI on a tax return is the primary number for calculating tax due, it wouldn’t require anyone having to “dissect 200 million 2019 tax returns to figure out the adjusted gross earnings.”:wink:
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I gotta review my tax return documents. I think I might be under 40K of they are using AGI.