Mista T

Author
Hey people, I'm thinking of trying to have a driver meet-up. Not HOSTING it which would imply that I'm buying stuff for people, just creating a driver gathering.

Why? To meet some fellow drivers and maybe help some people out. I believe knowledge is power, and maybe a little extra understanding in some areas may ease others' frustrations with things.

What I want: to spread some knowledge. Things I might be able to help with are: how to make $$ on Lyft pax referrals, how to keep a high Lyft accept rate without driving 20 mins per ping, understanding the math and mechanics of surges, how to upsell longer rides, specifics about Portland area pricing, understanding upfront pricing gimmick, etc. Perhaps I can learn a few things from others as well!

What I don't want: a story telling session, or a giant b*tch fest of all the stuff we hate.

My availability is best for lunch on either Tuesdays, Thurs, or Saturdays. Maybe around 11 or noon. Presumably at a cheap restaurant so people can eat if they want.

If anyone is interested please respond on this thread, and state the area of town you prefer to meet in (I'm thinking inner east side). If enough respond I will put a date and time together.

Happy driving!

Bob Driver

I am actually interested in this and have thought about this. Since I work nights any days around lunch time is good for me. is there such a thing as a cheap restaurant? i am in Beaverton/Aloha area of town

Over/Uber

No stories or b!thcing??! I'm out.

Messin'

I can meeting anywhere, any of those days. Coming from BG, WA but I always work in PDX.

Mista T

Author
Looks like there's enough people to make it worthwhile, and I imagine theres some lurkers who might drop in as well, never know.

Let's do Thursday at noon.

I'm thinking either Pips Donuts on 48th and Fremont, or the Smokehouse Tavern on 14th and Morrison. Should be easy enough to shove some tables together, the music wont be too loud, and parking will be free, plus both are solid locations to turn on the apps after we are thru. Either works for me, you guys/girls tell me which you prefer. Unless someone has a restaurant connection in the area that wants to host us and promote their business, if so please speak up.

Mista T

Author
OKAY people, I went to the smokehouse tavern today and they said sure, no problem, we can mash some tables together.

It's on 14th and Morrison, in the parking lot across from Crush bar.

Thursday at noon.

See y'all there, whomever shows!

The Snowman

I can't make it but would like Cliff Notes on the conversation. My buddy said he will be there and is a new Uber driver experiencing some frustrations.

Iann

Gave one of the cooks a ride home the other day. Cool kid.
Told him were doing a meet and seemed pretty stoked.

wingdog

Thanks for the meetup, it was fun and informative. I even made 43$ the rest of the day I worked afterwards on lyft, I finally found my new driver bonus.. 10 out of 225 trips o.o;; I hope lyft picks up on weekends, I had to uber to keep busy and make any money, lyft wasn't giving me pings.

-The new guy