• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Popped my puker cherry

Rj312

I got laid off my 9-5 and have been ubering a ton more lately. Been doing nights a lot more especially. I thought i had it all figured out after 1300 rides: I try to avoid bar areas, am quick to cancel if pax can’t stand on his/her own or walk properly to my vehicle, and I have kicked a few people out before even starting the ride because they were too drunk and rowdy.

So, I don’t think much of picking up 3 pax (2 women and 1 dude) from a restuarant. They get in, seem nice, and start conversing with each other (‘oh I don’t want to go to work tomorrow. Gotta be up at 7am’ blah blah). They smelled like booze but they seem normal ‘tipsy’ and not ish faced drunk so I let my guard down. All of a sudden i hear the woman sitting behind me say, totally unslurred, ‘I don’t feel so good’. Then she rolls down the window and pukes—a beer and pea soup mix. Lovely. Most went out the window, slathered all over the exterior and some went inside down the inside of the door and window. I pulled over immediately and told them this ride was over. And the dude had the nerve to be like ‘well can’t you just clean it up and we can keep going?’ And I looked at him like he was from another planet and said ‘no. This ride is over. Please exit and step away from my vehicle.’ Then dude said he was gonna report me. And I said ‘for what? Ending a ride when there is a biohazard unfolding? Go ahead. And have a nice night, sir.’ They walked away. A holes. Well, the actual puker herself was apologetic but apologetic don’t cover my lost wages.

I took my pics. Sent them to uber. Got my 150 fee. Cleaned what I could myself (I keep cleaning supplies in the trunk) at the scene. Then drove home and attacked it some more with all kinds of spray and wipes and cleaners. I will have it detailed tomorrow if necessary. What a pain in the arse.

It’s always the ones you least suspect.

Last edited:

ChiUberDude

She’s probably one of those riders who sits in the front seat under normal solo Uber conditions. Motion sickness is a real thing for a lot of people...nothing like the combination of sitting in a crowded back seat after beer and split pea soup to get it going.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

If vomit gets down the window and inside the door tell the shop because they'll most likely have to take the panel off to properly clean it.

Try to avoid this the next time. It's better to stop and pop the door or even better have plastic shopping bags at the ready.

Motion sickness is definitely real and a few cocktails and full belly make it worse. You can ask with a smile at the onset..."Ha ha, anyone here a hurler? Pipe up so we can pull over."

lakersfan1

It's the holidays. People are going to drink way too much. Scared to be alone on the holidays. Scared to be poor on the holidays. Don't want to confront their families on the holidays. Drive from 5AM - 1AM. Let the chumps drive the puking hours.

Bigbadb91

With all the holiday parties everyone’s drunk by 10pm, vomit bags are a must and letting them know you got them before you start the ride... if there’s vomit that went into your door panels I coulda swore I saw it being a $250 fee that you’d get

NoPooPool

It's the holidays. People are going to drink way too much. Scared to be alone on the holidays. Scared to be poor on the holidays. Don't want to confront their families on the holidays. Drive from 5AM - 1AM. Let the chumps drive the puking hours.
Me thinks Lakersfan was meaning to say 5pm to 1am.

NoPooPool

Guarantee he meant 5am to 1am. I'd say 5am to 8pm.
5am to 1am is 20 hours. 5am to 8pm is 15 hours. Both of those time slots would indeed encompass the puking hours that lake was saying he would leave to the chumps. Again, I think he meant to say drive 5pm to 1am. The puking hours are for the most part 1am to 5am.

5am to 1am is 20 hours. 5am to 8pm is 15 hours. Both of those time slots would indeed encompass the puking hours that lake was saying he would leave to the chumps. Again, I think he meant to say drive 5pm to 1am. The puking hours are for the most part 1am to 5am.
Lakersfan, check in sometime and clarify your thought.

lakersfan1

Lakersfan, check in sometime and clarify your thought.
I didn't say drive the whole damned thing. 1am to 5am are for pukers. If you're a morning person like me, start at walk of shame hours.

Ad nauseam

I haven't had a decent walk-of-shame rider since spring! Ah, I miss the tossed hair, crumpled clothes, running makeup, dry mouthed head nods and cleavage.

lakersfan1

I haven't had a decent walk-of-shame rider since spring! Ah, I miss the tossed hair, crumpled clothes, running makeup, dry mouthed head nods and cleavage.
That's because now it's the men leaving the girl's apartment.

The last good one I had was Spring too. Gated Oakbrook mansion all the way to Loyola dorm on a Sunday morning@ 7am.