Popeye's worker attacked by Uber Eats deliveryman in NYC: NYPD

Cold Fusion

CHELSEA, Manhattan (WABC) -- Police are searching for an Uber Eats deliveryman who they say violently attacked an employee at a Popeye's restaurant in New York City.

The attack happened just after 2 p.m. on Dec. 29 inside the restaurant in the 200 block of 8th Avenue.

Police say the two got into an argument before the suspect put the 22-year-old worker in a chokehold and punched him in the side of his head.

The Uber Eats deliveryman then ran away from the scene. He is believed to be between 35 and 40 years old, about 6 feet 3 inches and around 230 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA.

Seamus

CHELSEA, Manhattan (WABC) -- Police are searching for an Uber Eats deliveryman who they say violently attacked an employee at a Popeye's restaurant in New York City.

The attack happened just after 2 p.m. on Dec. 29 inside the restaurant in the 200 block of 8th Avenue.

Police say the two got into an argument before the suspect put the 22-year-old worker in a chokehold and punched him in the side of his head.

The Uber Eats deliveryman then ran away from the scene. He is believed to be between 35 and 40 years old, about 6 feet 3 inches and around 230 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA.
Ok @ConkeyCrack , where exactly were you on December 29th around 2 pm? Rumor has it you were at a Popeyes!

SeveredThread

I don't get upset at Popeyes, but they are horrible. They go out of their way to ignore you. I have never picked up a Popeyes order that was ready. I made a list of places that are just horrible like that. I don't decline orders because I like to keep moving, but Popeyes, some McDonalds I've been to are on my radar to ignore if I feel some kinda way that day. I hear Burger King is no treat either.

Petey

I don't get upset at Popeyes, but they are horrible. They go out of their way to ignore you. I have never picked up a Popeyes order that was ready. I made a list of places that are just horrible like that. I don't decline orders because I like to keep moving, but Popeyes, some McDonalds I've been to are on my radar to ignore if I feel some kinda way that day. I hear Burger King is no treat either.
The Popeye's I usually pick up from is the worst. They never begin the order until I show up (no matter how long they've had it) and they always make me wait until there's no one else in line before they even deign to acknowledge that I'm there. I don't like to decline pings, but I try to stay far away from that Popeye's whenever I can.

dgates01

Why are the police giving out a general description of the dude? If he's an Uber Eats driver, they know who he is!. Duh.

Or maybe that's the reason for the altercation. He was not really an Uber Eats driver, but he was pretending to be to grab some free food.

Have to be Jacksonville fl trained cops. A COMPUTER WHAT IS THAT THING OF A M BOB. What a bunch of boobs to be a cop have to be a high school dropout.