Poor Pickup Spot

Inshur

rozymikey

This morning I get a ping and the pickup spot is Delancy st right before the Bowery. There is no shoulder right there, it's a turning lane and I'm stuck waiting for this disrespectful pax for 3-4 minutes. When pax enters car I start trip say to him and I was a little bit pissed off "you know you have me waiting sitting in a turning lane for almost four minutes". He didn't like my brutal honesty and that I had a backbone.
He say's i'm going to cancel the ride and he did. It was $5.50...But he banged the door and scratched it a little. I let Uber know immediately about this. I just got back from getting an estimate $410.00. They have to paint the whole door. We love the estimate btw!
These people are pigs, with low to zero class. Boys we must stand up for ourselves and for the other drivers out there. We can not let these cheap arshe riders take advantage of us or mistreat us in any way shape or form.

I really feel as I should be union leader for all drivers in New York and yes drivers must unite and become one!

Rick N.

How did he scratch the door by slamming it? Did he hit something when he opened it? $410 seems kinda high for a scratch, not sure fuber will pay but good luck.

rozymikey

How did he scratch the door by slamming it? Did he hit something when he opened it? $410 seems kinda high for a scratch, not sure fuber will pay but good luck.
yes he hit a sign on the sidewalk and it created to scratches on the door. The auto place (ubers partner, it was an uber rider) gave me the estimate. You have to repaint thew whole door and not just touch up paint on the scratches

SilentKnight

It's Uber drivers like you that cause traffic. I would never wait on turning lanes. I let pax know before hand and they were always ok with walking a little bit. You should know your Manhattan geography.

Liveone01

Dont they have a limit of like 200-250?

yup $250
This morning I get a ping and the pickup spot is Delancy st right before the Bowery. There is no shoulder right there, it's a turning lane and I'm stuck waiting for this disrespectful pax for 3-4 minutes. When pax enters car I start trip say to him and I was a little bit pissed off "you know you have me waiting sitting in a turning lane for almost four minutes". He didn't like my brutal honesty and that I had a backbone.
He say's i'm going to cancel the ride and he did. It was $5.50...But he banged the door and scratched it a little. I let Uber know immediately about this. I just got back from getting an estimate $410.00. They have to paint the whole door. We love the estimate btw!
These people are pigs, with low to zero class. Boys we must stand up for ourselves and for the other drivers out there. We can not let these cheap arshe riders take advantage of us or mistreat us in any way shape or form.

I really feel as I should be union leader for all drivers in New York and yes drivers must unite and become one!

if you show uber that estimate they're not gonna pay you .. get another estimate for $249.99 lol

Stateni

This morning I get a ping and the pickup spot is Delancy st right before the Bowery. There is no shoulder right there, it's a turning lane and I'm stuck waiting for this disrespectful pax for 3-4 minutes.

Well I am sorry to say this but the events started with your faulty behavior:

The pax doesn't choose the place the moronic app does ,As Tysmith95 said
Don't wait in the turning lane, find a safe place to pull over. Cancel if the pax dosn't show up.
if the address is on no standing stopping block you have to wait on next available place. If the pax starts b..ing to you, because they had to walk to your car you can explain them the situation.

You can't flame to customer for something they don't know ( or more like they don't f.... care. )
We can't see the pax info or location real time, but they can see everything realtime about us in their phone so it's their job to find us...

Of course that doesn't mean the pax had an excuse to damage your door.
You have to make sure the customer/Uber or whatever pays the damages.

rozymikey

Well I am sorry to say this but the events started with your faulty behavior:

The pax doesn't choose the place the moronic app does ,As Tysmith95 said

if the address is on no standing stopping block you have to wait on next available place. If the pax starts b..ing to you, because they had to walk to your car you can explain them the situation.

You can't flame to customer for something they don't know ( or more like they don't f.... care. )
We can't see the pax info or location real time, but they can see everything realtime about us in their phone so it's their job to find us...

Of course that doesn't mean the pax had an excuse to damage your door.
You have to make sure the customer/Uber or whatever pays the damages.
If it was a busy time of day I would never wait there. It was to be exact 4:45 am and I told this pax whit time it was. You put me in a bad spot made me wait 4 minutes. He got in car for less than a minute and it cost him probably $9 and now that pig rider gonna pay another $250+. @@@ these animals

lyas

u waited for him 5 minutes on one side and u gave him an attitude in another.it doesn't end good to gather.u should just cancel and move on or you waited for him and don't say any thing and drove him to where he was going.usually the passengers don't pay attention to the street signs .we do.so when is not safe to wait call him right the way or cancel and keep moving.

jaybx17

u waited for him 5 minutes on one side and u gave him an attitude in another.it doesn't end good to gather.u should just cancel and move on or you waited for him and don't say any thing and drove him to where he was going.usually the passengers don't pay attention to the street signs .we do.so when is not safe to wait call him right the way or cancel and keep moving.
You're always given 100% solid advice whenever you do post bro, props :cool:

Uberman8263

Heading east or west. Just curious.

Uberinian

How does one scratch a car by banging it? Did he have keys in his hand?

Further, how can a small scratch cost 400+ to fix. If it's one area you can buy a color correcting pen from your dealership that matches your cars color code and paint it over to look like new. Further, I don't see how they need to paint the WHOLE door. Explain

Inshur New York