Pool Rides: More Expensive for +1?

ssingyy

I've been hitting +1 for single pool pax thinking it was charged the same to the rider.
Until yesterday when a rider told me his quote went up because one additional rider.

Played dumb.
I told him I don't know his fare til the end of the ride.
He said it was a $2 difference.

Any thoughts?

afrojoe824

uh you just charged the rider more.

it's common knowledge that the rider pays more when they select 2 riders. it's the additional booking fee

ubermonkey

its a dollar extra for an extra passenger and they only get plus one

whenever i do pools i add +1 and only one cheapass complained about it and snapped why am i being charged more
just told em my finger slipped sorry :rolleyes:

ssingyy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
uh you just charged the rider more.

it's common knowledge that the rider pays more when they select 2 riders. it's the additional booking fee
Wait so $1.65 for uberx for up to 4 riders.
But $1.65 per passenger for pool requests?
That doesn't make sense.

ssingyy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its a dollar extra for an extra passenger and they only get plus one

whenever i do pools i add +1 and only one cheapass complained about it and snapped why am i being charged more
just told em my finger slipped sorry :rolleyes:
This makes more sense.

WMUber

I finally had a rider do Pool right. He was a single rider, but wanted to make sure nobody would sit in the middle seat. He purposely (and always) hits +1.

He was willing to pay $1.00 more for a better seat. Too bad, we drivers don't benefit...

afrojoe824

Wait so $1.65 for uberx for up to 4 riders.
But $1.65 per passenger for pool requests?
That doesn't make sense.
Truth. UberPool is already a discount. So when the rider selects 2 seats, they get charged more. Check the Rider app and select pool. It'll ask you how many seats. Selecting 2 seats will be more than what you would pay for 1 seat. The pax was not lying.

I used to do it and got a 1 star and email from uber.

Trapper9

LOL. I did not know that. I have always +1'd everybody to lessen the chance of getting a 2nd ping