Pool request Hell

tdoes

What's up with all the Pool request today! Does Uber have some sort of Pool promotion going on now?

Been getting around 90% Pool request! :frown:

I haven't accepted any of them but it's wasting my time.

Anybody know what might be going on?

Arram

I just think passengers have caught on to the cheaper fare so they are taking advantage. Most are taking Uber on the regular so they know exactly when they may Be actually caught in the pool and when they won't be

koyotemohn

Hey....

I was just ruminating on reality.

Uberx == 1-4 pax same price with potentially multiplied attitude. (Like when they get in yer property and give you ish about your sound system)

1 ride for 4 mouths...which is one quest.

uberpool ...pays a little less....

But max +1...and they lose all rights to music and they best be on the street or the 2 min cancel is yours.

And each ride equals a quest.

Imma boycott uberx if it's less than 2.0x boost or surge.

Imma start to focus online on uberpool because the likelihood of drunks is decreased as well.

There...I SAID IT.

warrior lady

When you want Poop rides.. you can't get them... Going for Quest.. usually a ton of poop requests but Not a Single One Tonight!!
- Tom. I'll hafta go to Pool City to up my ride #'s.

- Of course last weekend when Not Trying for a ridiculous Quest #, got tons of pools not even trying to... Must be a secret coding scam.. If Good Quest #, then 0 Pool pings.... If Poopy Quest #, then Plenty of poopy logs...

FYI:

I drive minivan so when I am Questing... I ❤️❤️❤️ Giving Pool Pax the Ultimate Pool Experience... A full van with 4-5 different pool groups at a time... Total ride for complete pool line taking 1 hour or so... Most cheap pax don't. Realize Uber keeps heaping on pool and since I can fit 6 pax.. I could actually have 6 diff poop rides crammed in there. 5 is my record ( but 2 cancelled- the loook on 5th pax's face when he saw packed van & cancelled was priceless). 4 diff pool groups is actual record.

If you are questing and accept Pool.. give them the Uber bus experience... Very satisfying!!

tdoes

I just think passengers have caught on to the cheaper fare so they are taking advantage. Most are taking Uber on the regular so they know exactly when they may Be actually caught in the pool and when they won't be
You're probably right! I just won't be their bus driver!

CrazyFemaleDriver

On the order screen, Pool is about 50% of X - and riders know that there is about 50/50 chance they will have to share.

Yesterday, going for Quest, my first Pool was $12 to me + $3 tip, Uber received 50 cents. 1 rider.

Then I made $7.50 - Uber LOST -$4.50. 1 rider.

Then I made $11 (includes pax #2 no show) - Uber made 5 cents. 1 rider.

The only 2-pickup I had I made $22, riders paid $32, Uber made $10. I did not make any more $ by having the 2nd pickup. In fact, I was supposed to have a 3rd puckup but the 2 pax in backseat from 1st pickup were large so it wouldve been awful. Btw-Trip breakdown said I got $16 from Trip #1 & $6 from Trip #2. How'd they figure that? Had to pass Trip #2 A-B when taking trip #1 from A to B.

Goes to show you Add'l pickups do not benefit driver @ this time. We'll see what will happen Tuesday. It should be +$1 for each passenger (not pickup). So if you have 4 individual Pool pax (4 pickups of 1 or 2 pickups of 2 etc) you get +$4. It should also be X rates.

Really Uber - hey, do more work & we'll pay you less.

tdoes

On the order screen, Pool is about 50% of X - and riders know that there is about 50/50 chance they will have to share.

Yesterday, going for Quest, my first Pool was $12 to me + $3 tip, Uber received 50 cents. 1 rider.

Then I made $7.50 - Uber LOST -$4.50. 1 rider.

Then I made $11 (includes pax #2 no show) - Uber made 5 cents. 1 rider.

The only 2-pickup I had I made $22, riders paid $32, Uber made $10. I did not make any more $ by having the 2nd pickup. In fact, I was supposed to have a 3rd puckup but the 2 pax in backseat from 1st pickup were large so it wouldve been awful. Btw-Trip breakdown said I got $16 from Trip #1 & $6 from Trip #2. How'd they figure that? Had to pass Trip #2 A-B when taking trip #1 from A to B.

Goes to show you Add'l pickups do not benefit driver @ this time. We'll see what will happen Tuesday. It should be +$1 for each passenger (not pickup). So if you have 4 individual Pool pax (4 pickups of 1 or 2 pickups of 2 etc) you get +$4. It should also be X rates.

Really Uber - hey, do more work & we'll pay you less.
The only time I consider Pool is if it's at least a 1.7x in a surge I believe won't last long! I would also activated the not to accept more rides button.

Arram

I personally think Uber needs to change the pool drastically because I know a lot of drivers who are not accepting pools at all.

I think they need to put two fares when individuals are selecting a pool . The first one is one without an additional rider, and the other with additional riders. I don't think passengers should get the benefits of a pool unless they are actually taking a pool.

Uberfunitis

Why the concern with what the passenger pays? All i am concerned with in that regard is what I get paid, and now that passenger rates and driver rates are indipendant of each other who cares what the passenger paid.

Fast Times @ UBER

I only do poop on:

—1.3x only
—DF on my way home if there is no backtrack and it is within 2 min
—a nut hair away from quest—usually just one or two if I am anxious to call it quits. .

RedFox

When you want Poop rides.. you can't get them... Going for Quest.. usually a ton of poop requests but Not a Single One Tonight!!
- Tom. I'll hafta go to Pool City to up my ride #'s.

- Of course last weekend when Not Trying for a ridiculous Quest #, got tons of pools not even trying to... Must be a secret coding scam.. If Good Quest #, then 0 Pool pings.... If Poopy Quest #, then Plenty of poopy logs...

FYI:

I drive minivan so when I am Questing... I ❤️❤️❤️ Giving Pool Pax the Ultimate Pool Experience... A full van with 4-5 different pool groups at a time... Total ride for complete pool line taking 1 hour or so... Most cheap pax don't. Realize Uber keeps heaping on pool and since I can fit 6 pax.. I could actually have 6 diff poop rides crammed in there. 5 is my record ( but 2 cancelled- the loook on 5th pax's face when he saw packed van & cancelled was priceless). 4 diff pool groups is actual record.

If you are questing and accept Pool.. give them the Uber bus experience... Very satisfying!!
I have been Ubering for a little over 1 year and have never made quest. It's just a great way to destroy your vehicle.

CrazyFemaleDriver

I personally think Uber needs to change the pool drastically because I know a lot of drivers who are not accepting pools at all.

I think they need to put two fares when individuals are selecting a pool . The first one is one without an additional rider, and the other with additional riders. I don't think passengers should get the benefits of a pool unless they are actually taking a pool.
Yes! Uber X rates unkess they are "lucky" enough to be matched. Gets rid of the pool pax @@@@@ing about matching. Or let pool pax "upgrade" to X while on trip (before match). *But Uber makes more $ with matched pool so they wont do this.

I don't like the new pool payout. The old one was so much more informative.

Pool works best when long trip pax #1 @ surge...stop new requests until 5 min before drop...then get a match to continue surge pool on long trip. LoL