Pool Removed?

xdcx

I emailed Uber DC to say that, as an independent contractor I did not want to receive Pool requests. Uber replied with the following:

"The vehicle Honda Accord (XXXXX) under your account is set only for Uber X trips. The UberPOOL class option has been already removed by default based on your city matrix."

I'm confused by the last line of the reply. Anyone have any insights?

Thanks,

Kawiz03

I also am not set up for UberPool not complaining at all since they are a waste of time and too much of a headache may have to do with the fact I am only authorized to pick up in MD and DC and not VA.

xdcx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also am not set up for UberPool not complaining at all since they are a waste of time and too much of a headache may have to do with the fact I am only authorized to pick up in MD and DC and not VA.
Did you ask not to receive Pool requests?

Kawiz03

No i didnt I remember doing a pool ride months ago then it got taken off no complaints by me!

xdcx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No i didnt I remember doing a pool ride months ago then it got taken off no complaints by me!
I'd love to see other DC drivers email Uber and ask that Pool requests not be sent to them.

UberKK

My Uber pool rides have severely decreased I had one today to Nationals Park from Springfield.....

newton24567

it might be because uber has reduced the price of uber x by 50% up to next 5 rides for this week. Pool will come back like flood once this ends.

Beantownboy01

I have seen pools dramatically increase. All pool rides are $3 right now, at least picking up in DC. This goes hand in hand with showing it right next to X rate now.

This afternoon I wasted 2 1/2 hours to make nearly nothing. Turned down 4 pools, didn't get any regular fares and eventually took a pool. 5 passengers later being added without me being able to decline them left me far outside the city.

Lots of people asking about how it works, figured I'd try it for $3, the same price as the metro, etc etc.

Pools definitely have not decreased. I say this every night, but I will never do a pool again. My ratings have gone from 4.95 to 4.85 in less than 2 days.

nutzareus

If you get a "Greater Maryland" driver account you don't get U-Stool pings because it's not offered in Baltimore, Annapolis, or Ocean City. But if you submit Virginia vehicle inspection you can pick up in DC and Virginia too. That's how to avoid U-Stool pings, but you don't get the Heavy Metal Incentive Programme because that's only offered to DC-based driver accounts. Pick your poison, choose wisely.