Pool Pick Up--Airplane Mode--Interesting Observation

Fast Times @ UBER

Accepted a 1.6X pool on the DF on my way home from work. So I clicked on the accept no new trips and also put it in Airplane Mode to see what would happen. I did this since I knew the address and location and didn't need GPS. When I got to the destination, I slipped out of Airplane Mode, and the Pax time started ticking. 2--Mins and done. Getting ready to pull out the the pax stepped outside. I let him in. He said his app said I was still 6 min away, and he saw me outside. Well, I got the cancellation fee and explained the 2 min policy. He re-ordered the ride and I got the ping again, at a 1.6X. Took him a mile down the road for a drop off. Made $8 + change on a 1 mile 5 min ride.

I wonder if the airplane mode fools all pax/Uber to where your location really is? Could come in handy on the 2 min pool counter. Worked in my favor this time anyway. Not sure it is was coincidence or a different technique to "F' the pool riders with free money.

Thoughts?

PDT

Accepted a 1.6X pool on the DF on my way home from work. So I clicked on the accept no new trips and also put it in Airplane Mode to see what would happen. I did this since I knew the address and location and didn't need GPS. When I got to the destination, I slipped out of Airplane Mode, and the Pax time started ticking. 2--Mins and done. Getting ready to pull out the the pax stepped outside. I let him in. He said his app said I was still 6 min away, and he saw me outside. Well, I got the cancellation fee and explained the 2 min policy. He re-ordered the ride and I got the ping again, at a 1.6X. Took him a mile down the road for a drop off. Made $8 + change on a 1 mile 5 min ride.

I wonder if the airplane mode fools all pax/Uber to where your location really is? Could come in handy on the 2 min pool counter. Worked in my favor this time anyway. Not sure it is was coincidence or a different technique to "F' the pool riders with free money.

Thoughts?
If you're in airplane mode there is no cell connection and uber would not be able to track your location. I have heard that going into airplane mode while doing a lyft line is one strategy to have them stop sending you new requests.

New2This

Thoughts?

I've seen notes on the Lyft forum about doing something with airplane mode on Lyft Line. Evidently Lyft sends passive aggressive nastygrams about it. Not sure exactly how it works since I don't do enough Lyft to care, but you might check there.

NITWITone

Thoughts?
Dang it..now you let out of the bag how I do it without uber know