Pool Opt Out

Doc453

Pools, ugh. If you have a high enough passenger rating can you be locked out of Uber if you don't except pools? I tried it last week and received 2 to 3 in app messages. Is there a way to opt out of all pools? How?

YourBoss

Pools, ugh. If you have a high enough passenger rating can you be locked out of Uber if you don't except pools? I tried it last week and received 2 to 3 in app messages. Is there a way to opt out of all pools? How?
Yes, you can. You need email Uber and tell them you dont want to get pool requests, it can take up to 10 different emails and 10 different reps, call them a few names etc... and they will take pool out. I say be careful for January tho, its the slowest month of the year, well at least it used to be due to colleges being away. You can always opt out for now and then ask for it back in Jan, it also take about 10 different emails/reps to get you back into pool lol. Goodluck!

Doc453

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, so I dutifully emailed our friends in Bangladesh 6 to 7 times. I mentioned that as an independent contractor,my need to provide for my family and also the need for creating a Morse a safe ride for my customers isn't being met under Pool trips. I received form letters for the most part. After sending either the seventh or the eighth one they stop responding. I just sent them another email. Here was the typical response that I received from "Andrew":

"Hi Sean, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I understand your concern in opt-outing UberPOOL in your account. I am really sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you. I will help you out with as much information as possible.

Happy to explain further. As per your city policy, it is mandatory to partners receiving uberX trips to received uberPOOL trip request.

There is not currently an option for partners to opt out of specific vehicle options like uberPOOL or uberX. Accepting and completing all trip requests - both uberX and uberPOOL - is critical to ensure a positive experience for riders who are relying on Uber to get to their destinations. uberPOOL is one of our fastest growing and most popular products among riders, so accepting your uberX and uberPOOL trips should keep you busier every time you drive.

We're constantly working to improve the uberPOOL product, so we'll be sure to get this feedback to our team. We're working hard on many improvements that should make the driver-partner experience better on uberPOOL, and we're looking forward to sharing those soon.
By accepting uberPOOL trips, you’re not only ensuring a positive rider experience, but you’re also playing a significant role in helping improve your city and the environment by reducing traffic, congestion, and pollution.

Thanks again for letting us know. If you have any more questions, Just check out our Help Page. If you encounter any issues in the future, please contact us through the Help option in your partner app."

Today, I basically ignored the pool requests and just went with UberX requests. I didn't receive any warning emails from them, so we'll see how things go next week when I continue my assault on this practice. Long live the uprising! Oh, and have a nice weekend.

NewEnglander

Why would you want to opt out of pool? After all, you are helping make your city a better place. Who needs to earn more when you can do that?

RightTurnClyde

OK, so I dutifully emailed our friends in Bangladesh 6 to 7 times. I mentioned that as an independent contractor,my need to provide for my family and also the need for creating a Morse a safe ride for my customers isn't being met under Pool trips. I received form letters for the most part. After sending either the seventh or the eighth one they stop responding. I just sent them another email. Here was the typical response that I received from "Andrew":

I understand your concern in opt-outing UberPOOL in your account. I am really sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused you. I will help you out with as much information as possible.

Happy to explain further. As per your city policy, it is mandatory to partners receiving uberX trips to received uberPOOL trip request.

There is not currently an option for partners to opt out of specific vehicle options like uberPOOL or uberX. Accepting and completing all trip requests - both uberX and uberPOOL - is critical to ensure a positive experience for riders who are relying on Uber to get to their destinations. uberPOOL is one of our fastest growing and most popular products among riders, so accepting your uberX and uberPOOL trips should keep you busier every time you drive.

We're constantly working to improve the uberPOOL product, so we'll be sure to get this feedback to our team. We're working hard on many improvements that should make the driver-partner experience better on uberPOOL, and we're looking forward to sharing those soon.
By accepting uberPOOL trips, you’re not only ensuring a positive rider experience, but you’re also playing a significant role in helping improve your city and the environment by reducing traffic, congestion, and pollution.

Thanks again for letting us know. If you have any more questions, Just check out our Help Page. If you encounter any issues in the future, please contact us through the Help option in your partner app."

Today, I basically ignored the pool requests and just went with UberX requests. I didn't receive any warning emails from them, so we'll see how things go next week when I continue my assault on this practice. Long live the uprising! Oh, and have a nice weekend.
Keep it up! Add in that you know for a fact that is possible to be removed from UberPool /ask to escalate to a manager...

YourBoss

Just keep trying, I have done this multiple times. To be honest with you, this may not be the best answer or not something you may want to hear but being rude to them has helped me get things done. Also telling them to pass this issue to a manager helps as well. I keep pool opened for now, when high surge comes up, Ill take pool, go into settings and say Im going home after this trip, that way you do not get any matched pools.

EspressoLover

After 4 or 5 requests to opt out of Uberpool, I gave up.
This Pool workaround seems to work: After accepting initial Pool request ping, select Stop New Requests – before picking up the passenger. After drop off you will asked if you want to keep driving. Stop driving, log back in and repeat workaround when necessary.

Doc453

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you couldn't tell he was being sarcastic then you are dumb
Great answer. Pools are a drain on drivers cars, wallets and patience. If you don't have an answer connected to the original post, it isn't helpful.