Uber Drivers Forum banner

Pool not surging anymore ???

5K views 150 replies 36 participants last post by  second2noone 
#1 ·
I think I was one of the first to notice it and posted on the forum yesterday…

When a pool Kingwood coming and you would see the surge amount but not anymore

Yes we know that the passengers will pay a fixed price taking a pool ride this has been happening since day one of pool
But us drivers would still get the surge pricing

Now that it doesn't show I am suspecting that even us drivers will not get the surge prize but base fare !!!!

Can anyone post a screenshot that proves me wrong or right from the past day

Let's figure this out people before we take more rides

#11 ·
Colorfulness Eye Human body Font Circle
Font Parallel Circle Electric blue Rectangle
Font Circle Electric blue Diagram Logo
Colorfulness Eye Human body Font Circle
Font Circle Parallel Electric blue Graphics
Human body Font Parallel Circle Electric blue
Font Circle Electric blue Logo Diagram
Human body Font Circle Electric blue Graphics
Data storage device Font Circle Gramophone record Electric blue
I think I was one of the first to notice it and posted on the forum yesterday…

When a pool Kingwood coming and you would see the surge amount but not anymore

Yes we know that the passengers will pay a fixed price taking a pool ride this has been happening since day one of pool
But us drivers would still get the surge pricing

Now that it doesn't show I am suspecting that even us drivers will not get the surge prize but base fare !!!!

Can anyone post a screenshot that proves me wrong or right from the past day

Let's figure this out people before we take more rides

#17 ·
First thing this morning:

UberX and Uber Pool

X is surging
Light Map Slope World Font

And pool is doing what pool is doing

Map Font Line Handwriting Rectangle

It's pretty obvious but here's what happened after the surge died down:

X dropped back to its regular price (duh!)

Map Rectangle World Font Screenshot

Pool price remained the same
Map Handwriting Rectangle Font Line

It sure looks like they're keeping pool immune from surge prices. Uber has done this before. When they introduced UberX it undercut the hell out of Uber black (now select.) Now they're undercutting UberX trying to gain UberPool some legitimacy.

#22 ·
They still pay the driver the pool rate with the surge multiplier, they just don't charge the pax that. Uber doesn't care about losing money on pool. This is something one of our members made up in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary, he still soldiers on in this belief. But truth is for the time being anyway, Uber doesn't care about profitability of pool. They like being able to tell the sheik that they have this fabulous new service that is already so popular 40% of the rides they give are UberPool so you'd better invest now.

How long do you think it'll take UberPool to profit as much as Travis' last trip to Saudi Arabia?

#33 ·
It's not fake just not getting it on pool rides. Uber has found another way to get people to take Uberpool ( it never surges)

DRIVERS MUST DECLINE ALL POOL RIDES, take the time out, the Riders will be there when you come back and they will request X as nobody will pick up their pool ass

#35 ·
It's not that simple though Mike. You've got people trying to hit hourly ride requirements, trying to give so many rides this week so that next week you can get paid a decent rate.

I just randomly poked around and here's a July 24th pool with a 1.9× surge.
View attachment 52950
They figured out a way to pay incentives...stiff you on pool rides. If you keep it up you'll never get an X ride. Trouble is on the horizon if drivers continue to take non-surge pool rides just to make their quota. Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. Why do you think unions go on strike? trust me strike pay is nowhere near Union wage

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.