• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pool in san francisco??? awful

dnlbaboof

how does anyone do pool in SF??? nearly every pickup an dropoff is some kind of violation, and the pax just start whining that youre not driving well when they requested pool which sends you to last minute turns etc. GARBAGE, id rather drive for 75 cents a mile in the east bay or sac than this.

Whatever you make in extra will go away with tickets etc...........

gaealien

how does anyone do pool in SF??? nearly every pickup an dropoff is some kind of violation, and the pax just start whining that youre not driving well when they requested pool which sends you to last minute turns etc. GARBAGE, id rather drive for 75 cents a mile in the east bay or sac than this.

You're driving pool wrong. I rarely drive pool, but when I do I dont put up with any shenanigans. If the pickup spot is a bus stop, I drive up the street where I can stop. If it's a corner, I drive up the street where I can stop. If the customer isn't inside the car when the time is up, the doors are locked and they're marked a no show, EVEN IF I CAN SEE THEM. If you stop letting Uber and pax tell you what to do, Pool gets easier. Also, stop doing crazy things to make your turns. If it says turn right and you can't without crossing 6 lanes of traffic in 70 feet, keep going straight and go from there. Or cancel. Who cares lol.

Most important: never pick up the phone!

Basically, relax. It's your car and your time, make sure everyone knows it by ignoring bullshit.

dnlbaboof

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i dont do crazy things like cross 6 lanes, buts its impossible to drive in SF pool or even X without risking tickets. there is no legal place to drop off people sometimes you cant just keep driving to look for a parking space and dump your pax a mile down the road

its simple no door to door service in the city, the crowded parts, unless your going to a hotel or some other loading zone, otherwise you must exit at a stop sign or red light and make your escape, until then every driver should boycott SF, the buses should be used instead

gaealien

you cant just keep driving to look for a parking space and dump your pax a mile down the road
YES YOU CAN!! SERIOUSLY. IM SCREAMING BECAUSE I BELIEVE THIS. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED TO DO THIS IF DOING OTHERWISE IS GOING TO GET YOU A TICKET.

say these words to them: "I'll drop you off when I find a legal spot to stop or we come to a convenient red light", that's it. If they complain or jump out before you give them the go ahead, 1 star them and report them to Uber for endangering you and others. Take command of your car and most pax will listen.

I rarely have people get out before I'm in a spot I feel comfortable dropping them off and I have been doing this 3 years and have only gotten one ticket at SFO [that Lyft paid for]. Own your car and its infractions, stop blaming Uber.

Edit: also got a ticket in Oakland at a bus stop, forgot about that one. And guess who's fault that wass. MINE. my car, my ticket, my problem.

Last edited:

lighthouse

FYI ! Drop offs on driver app and rider app don’t usually match,it’s a mess lol a rider will assume you dropped them off at the wrong place if they can’t see your phone or want to.

jcarrolld

It’s not that difficult.

seymour

YES YOU CAN!! SERIOUSLY. IM SCREAMING BECAUSE I BELIEVE THIS. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED TO DO THIS IF DOING OTHERWISE IS GOING TO GET YOU A TICKET.

say these words to them: "I'll drop you off when I find a legal spot to stop or we come to a convenient red light", that's it. If they complain or jump out before you give them the go ahead, 1 star them and report them to Uber for endangering you and others. Take command of your car and most pax will listen.

I rarely have people get out before I'm in a spot I feel comfortable dropping them off and I have been doing this 3 years and have only gotten one ticket at SFO [that Lyft paid for]. Own your car and its infractions, stop blaming Uber.

Edit: also got a ticket in Oakland at a bus stop, forgot about that one. And guess who's fault that wass. MINE. my car, my ticket, my problem.
This is great advice and I need to start doing this.

I had two pickups at Salesforce this week - yesterday, I was able to squeeze in just before the parking garage on 1st but it was done illegally. I don't think you can legally stop anywhere on 1st or Mission around there. Today I pulled up in the bus lane and was sitting there looking in the rearview mirror for an oncoming bus. No pax anywhere. I could see a bus about 3 blocks away but I failed to see a bus coming down 1st street. I was parked there for a full minute completely oblivious to the bus that could not make that turn because I was parked in his lane LOL. So, I bolted out of there as soon as I realized what was going on. I couldn't do a U-Turn until after Beale st and then there was no legal spot to pull over coming back the other way. Luckily I had the pax on the phone by then(I hate driving and talking on the phone at the same, which could've garnered me another ticket) and he was able to walk into the street and access my vehicle. I could easily have had 3 tickets there, today. Illegal stop in bus zone, illegal U turn across double yellow, and using the phone while driving. All for a frigging pool ride LOL

So, I appreciate your comments on this. I really need to adjust my game-plan in these situations.

lighthouse

This is great advice and I need to start doing this.

I had two pickups at Salesforce this week - yesterday, I was able to squeeze in just before the parking garage on 1st but it was done illegally. I don't think you can legally stop anywhere on 1st or Mission around there. Today I pulled up in the bus lane and was sitting there looking in the rearview mirror for an oncoming bus. No pax anywhere. I could see a bus about 3 blocks away but I failed to see a bus coming down 1st street. I was parked there for a full minute completely oblivious to the bus that could not make that turn because I was parked in his lane LOL. So, I bolted out of there as soon as I realized what was going on. I couldn't do a U-Turn until after Beale st and then there was no legal spot to pull over coming back the other way. Luckily I had the pax on the phone by then(I hate driving and talking on the phone at the same, which could've garnered me another ticket) and he was able to walk into the street and access my vehicle. I could easily have had 3 tickets there, today. Illegal stop in bus zone, illegal U turn across double yellow, and using the phone while driving. All for a frigging pool ride LOL

So, I appreciate your comments on this. I really need to adjust my game-plan in these situations.
Run your plates in the sfmta website ! They are stand around there writing tickets and sometimes they ride with the bus driver.

Also there is a pick up spot there , white zone with 5 minutes ! Good job on not doing a uturn , it comes with points around that whole area.

PS I would have cancelled without surge or long trip notification, around that time pax never know where you are or where they since gps doesn’t work .

seymour

Run your plates in the sfmta website ! They are stand around there writing tickets and sometimes they ride with the bus driver.

Also there is a pick up spot there , white zone with 5 minutes ! Good job on not doing a uturn , it comes with points around that whole area.

PS I would have cancelled without surge or long trip notification, around that time pax never know where you are or where they since gps doesn’t work .
pickup spot on 1st or Fremont?

dnlbaboof

It’s not that difficult.

you just confessed you hardly do pool, its harder for drivers who do pool all time, their rating will hit the tank if they dont provide door to door service, its better to avoid the city or only do x

It’s not that difficult.
it is difficult to do pool in SF w/o risking a ticket, people just think pool is easy bc they get away with violations, is there one city driver here that can say every pickup and dropoff is legal????? show me a video of an SF driver doing pool and not risking tickets, it doesnt exist.

Dropking

Pool is a loser. Doing pool in a congested area like SF city is the biggest loser. the question you are asking should really be asked of yourself.... what are YOU thinking accepting any pool rides there?

dnlbaboof

Pool is a loser. Doing pool in a congested area like SF city is the biggest loser. the question you are asking should really be asked of yourself.... what are YOU thinking accepting any pool rides there?
i never do just once and its a mess, that inspired this post lol

jcarrolld

you just confessed you hardly do pool, its harder for drivers who do pool all time, their rating will hit the tank if they dont provide door to door service, its better to avoid the city or only do x

it is difficult to do pool in SF w/o risking a ticket, people just think pool is easy bc they get away with violations, is there one city driver here that can say every pickup and dropoff is legal????? show me a video of an SF driver doing pool and not risking tickets, it doesnt exist.
Everything is a risk. Don’t do every pool and don’t do them at certain times in certain areas. You gotta pick the times and places. Like most rides.

gaealien

you just confessed you hardly do pool,
Your point? I've done Pool rides on a full time basis before, my rating was hit, and I didnt give a shit lol. Pool isn't easy, I'll grant you that, but it's easier if you take responsibility for your car and let everyone else deal and not blame anyone but yourself for tickets. That's what his post was about. Tickets are a driver problem, not an Uber pool or pax problem. Your steering wheel, your gas, your brake. Don't get a ticket.