Pool flood today

rembrandt

I guess Uber opened the gate of pool today. 25 consecutive pool requests and all declined. My acceptance rate reached new low. Also saw even SUV giving pool rides to 'help the community' move. How about you guys in helping pool community ? :eek:

joebo1963

just a theory but a lot of your hotel, restaurant, bar, mc'd andKFC riders been outa work and they be requesting poool...I noticed more pools too since my return this thursday...

JSM0713

I decided to help the pool community by not driving for Uber at all
I did something about Pool rides.... i drive ONLY Uber Eats.... make a little less, but I keep my mileage in check and do not get any pool rides deal with.

makes_sense

LoL this guy was telling us Everytime he picks at the appetizers on the way if he knows the address don't tip scavenger lol

He said he tasted shrimps from all the restaurants in Brickell what a vulture lol

BAKAD

Nothing but pool rides all morning! Folks are broke from the hurricane & cutting cost everywhere they can.

I just hate Uber Pool, but like everyone else I need the funds so I got to swallow my pride and take them. Some funds are better than none at this point.

I really dislike how much Uber takes advantage of drivers with Uber Pool - Shame on you Uber.....oh I forgot they don't care.

Kykboxr

Why is there unusually high number of pool requests than anytime before ? Is Uberpool free for the riders now ?

What I've been noticing is a HUGE difference in UberPoo versus X prices lately, as I take Uber/Lyft a lot. Example, from the Biltmore to Brickell it costs around $12 for X, and have been seeing UberPoo rides for under $4. Take it in an off hour and you're almost GUARANTEED to be by yourself in the car

Drove today to work and had eight UberPoo requests and one X. The X ended up being a few blocks, but at least I wasn't a caravan

joebo1963

Yep. I was at commercial and the turnpike. To FLL the pool price was $12. The X was $25. Now I'm in Hollywood by Sheridan pool price to FLL is $6. X is $11. No wonder everyone going pool.

Kodyhead

Yep. I was at commercial and the turnpike. To FLL the pool price was $12. The X was $25. Now I'm in Hollywood by Sheridan pool price to FLL is $6. X is $11. No wonder everyone going pool.

If the price difference is that much there is an additional rider/minion to pick up for sure.

If the price is close to x most likely a ride by yourself.

If the price is almost or greater than half, i can't blame anyone for taking pool

joebo1963

I just checked the rider app again and now from Oakland Pk to FLL pool $16 X $20 miami airport pool $44 X$46

maybe at certain times of the day Uber plays games with the pool/X spread......now its tighter...

anyhow, I'm home, and staying here a few hours, just low demand and too many cars out there...

rman954

Everyone is feeling the slowdown hurricane Irma forced. But every service industry passenger I had last night threw me a couple bucks.