Pool cancel violence by hoodrat fabulous

Chapindc

Was waiting for next pool rider(u street dc)when the 1st rider that didn't show up on time found me & started yapping hoodrat gangsta until she ran out of lyrics, she looked like hoe queen minaj & sounded just as irritating, anyways once she thought everybody around her was scared she smacks my window with her fist(poor little hand lol), time was up & ended up cancelling the 2nd rider, I told a cop in a segway & he went to talk to her, she seemed like a normal person once she was answering questions

DCNewbie17

Her behavior was definitely inappropriate. That said, knowing how people on here intentionally dodge riders, I wouldn't be surprised if she had reason to be upset. She should have just reported it through the app and moved on. No need to cause a scene.

Chapindc

Her behavior was definitely inappropriate. That said, knowing how people on here intentionally dodge riders, I wouldn't be surprised if she had reason to be upset. She should have just reported it through the app and moved on. No need to cause a scene.
What is there for her to report trough app?

Uberfunitis

So, not making it to ur ride thats in front of address in the specified time frame means the driver is hiding?
It can be I know I have been toes to curb when ordering and had to find the vehicle hiding at the back of the building before.

DCNewbie17

We all know that people brag here about hiding from pax to get cancellation fees. Have you never commented on one of those threads nor dodged a pax for the fee?

Ive had it done to me and I've reported the driver and their behavior (sometimes with proof) and had the change fee reversed everytime. No sense in getting into it with some random driver.

Youmadpax

Nope never have evaded pax but if they are not within arms length when times up I'm canceling with no regret

Chapindc

We all know that people brag here about hiding from pax to get cancellation fees. Have you never commented on one of those threads nor dodged a pax for the fee?

Ive had it done to me and I've reported the driver and their behavior (sometimes with proof) and had the change fee reversed everytime. No sense in getting into it with some random driver.
I don't hide & don't think it's even necessary, if I would always cancel when it indicates to do so my cancel rate would be more than double at least, don't really know what the real % is to get in trouble but it always worries me when I'm above 10% which is pretty much every day, it's very hard to keep it under, I assume u would know this

DCNewbie17

I don't hide & don't think it's even necessary, if I would always cancel when it indicates to do so my cancel rate would be more than double at least, don't really know what the real % is to get in trouble but it always worries me when I'm above 10% which is pretty much every day, it's very hard to keep it under, I assume u would know this

Well maybe you didn't hustle her. I'm just saying if she had a grievance, that's what the app is for.

Chapindc

It can be I know I have been toes to curb when ordering and had to find the vehicle hiding at the back of the building before.
Hopefully ur not helping ruin drivers lives for ease of disregard vs battling a giant for technical system discrepancies, u know shuffling drivers are far & few in between & I'm sure only 1% of those fraud meaning claims u've made r accurate

Tars Tarkas

I'm quicker to cancel than I once was, but I don't intentionally hide.

I've gotten some good rides from people I had to hunt down. Depends on my mood.

Fairly often, I'm at the address given, but I'm two or three doors from where they come out. I apologize and show them my screen, and they say, "that's weird."

I mean, I'm exactly where I'm sent, but that's not exactly where they think they are. This happens often enough that I blame technology more than human error and, if I'm not generally pissed off, I'll do a little hunting. It has paid off and isn't a big deal normally (in the relative quiet of suburbia).

Today a guy was dithering in his doorway, the time ran out, and I wanted to bail on him right in his face, then he comes out, and turns into a nice long drive with tip.

New2This

This was discussed at the last Meetup.

Shuffling is 110% Uber's creation and fault. Most of us that do the occasional Shirlington Shuffle do it not to specifically fornicate any one particular rider, but out of frustration and anger at Uber. Especially since gas prices have risen $0.50+ a gallon and they've done nothing but cut Boost zones, Boost payouts and given laughable Quests.

The general consensus is that since Uber implemented their upfront pricing scheme and sometimes taking more than 50% of a fare, and the fact that Uber basically changed the TOS at the point of a virtual gun, Shuffling is our way of sticking it to Uber in a small way.

If I Shirlington Shuffle Monica, she will contact Rohit and get her $5 back. It will leave a bad taste in Monica's mouth (no blue dress jokes please) and maybe she uses Uber less and tells her friends about it. Fine, now you have pissed off riders in addition to pissed off drivers. This could be avoided by treating drivers right.

Same thing goes for taking the long way to fornicate Uber. If I was just getting the same 25% I initially agreed to (and there was NO negotiation about changes to the TOS/Upfront Gouging plan), then I would just take them the quickest most direct way. As it is, because I am increasingly more pissed off, I am becoming increasingly good at figuring out the longest route possible to fornicate Uber whenever humanly possible.

Again I lay this squarely at the feet of Uber and their bully tactics. Reap what you sow Dara.

yankdog

This was discussed at the last Meetup.

Shuffling is 110% Uber's creation and fault. Most of us that do the occasional Shirlington Shuffle do it not to specifically fornicate any one particular rider, but out of frustration and anger at Uber. Especially since gas prices have risen $0.50+ a gallon and they've done nothing but cut Boost zones, Boost payouts and given laughable Quests.

The general consensus is that since Uber implemented their upfront pricing scheme and sometimes taking more than 50% of a fare, and the fact that Uber basically changed the TOS at the point of a virtual gun, Shuffling is our way of sticking it to Uber in a small way.

If I Shirlington Shuffle Monica, she will contact Rohit and get her $5 back. It will leave a bad taste in Monica's mouth (no blue dress jokes please) and maybe she uses Uber less and tells her friends about it. Fine, now you have pissed off riders in addition to pissed off drivers. This could be avoided by treating drivers right.

Same thing goes for taking the long way to fornicate Uber. If I was just getting the same 25% I initially agreed to (and there was NO negotiation about changes to the TOS/Upfront Gouging plan), then I would just take them the quickest most direct way. As it is, because I am increasingly more pissed off, I am becoming increasingly good at figuring out the longest route possible to fornicate Uber whenever humanly possible.

Again I lay this squarely at the feet of Uber and their bully tactics. Reap what you sow Dara.
Someone earlier in this thread said shuffling comprised a very small number of drivers. I don't agree. My wife and I use Uber and Lyft as pax and I think we get shuffled 1/5 times. That's not a huge number but for customer service industries it's very significant. Rohit gives the fee back. I come to expect it now. Drivers are extremely angry. I know I hang out at airport lots more than most so I talk to other drivers. Believe me, shuffling is not rare nor is it the worst that people do. I'm not saying all do something like this. My bitterness toward Dara is deep. If this screws them it's the least I can do.

UluValea

I took a pool last night only because I was pulling out of my driveway and it was just down the block and it was surge for some reason. $60 trip from Alexandria to Germantown.