[Poll] Would you rather have Bonuses or Tips?

What would you rather have, bonuses or tips?

• Bonuses

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Tips

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Neither, I like working for pennies.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

BallersBenz

Thought this would be interesting question. Would you rather have Uber start allowing in-app tipping instead of doing these bonuses?

Do you think it would have the same effect of incentivizing drivers? Not only to get as many rides as possible, but to start actually giving a sh*t about how their cars are being maintained. Some of the UberX's I've been in are just straight up filthy. Yeah, you can tip with cash, and I always do (assuming no bad experiences), but that defeats the whole cashless experience that Uber's trying to create.

eman1122

There should have been another option:

- Uber and Lyft should provide a reasonable rate for drivers to drive.

I think we all know this isn't going to happen. Both of these companies are battling their way down to the bottom if you want my opinion. I've had more and more riders complaining about their drivers and the kind of car they get. I politely infer to them that they basically get what they pay for thanks to the insanely low rates drivers are practically forced to drive at.

The fact that Uber is even offering these incentives and guarantees is proof that they are feeling the pressure from their competitors and that drivers are now getting smarter and are either using methods to boost their earning potential or have stopped driving all together. But that won't stop them from baiting drivers to get on the road.

SCdave

Would Tips allow more control into the market? That is, the Driver and Consumer are able to interact for some mutually beneficial outcome. And those interactions are by the 1000s and 100s of thousands each day.

Wouldn't this put more control at the micro level and have more positive outcomes. Drivers want to make more money per mile/per hour and keep costs at a minimum. Riders/Consumers want quality, price, and timeliness (availability) or some optimum combination of these three.

I'm leaning towards tips. Letting the consumer and driver have more control. Let the App Technology company have less control. Let the market define the product?

The_Mouser

Tips. Better representation of good service instead of just fortitude to grind out ever moving targets.

You don't hear people on these boards singing the praises of the guarantees, but everyone seems to be on the same page regarding tips, especially given the ease in which it could be incorporated in the ap.

Wickedcool

You're all dreaming. Uber. Will. Never. Have. In-App. Tips.

Uber management has repeatedly, at every point, said we'd love to hear from drivers about everything but tips. Because there will never be any allowed in-app.

So stop talking about it.

The_Mouser

Never going to happen. As asinine as it is that uber isn't willing to include such a feature despite the furor their refusal has caused, it is equally silly to think people will stop complaining about it. It is a service industry where every other similar job includes that feature industry wide.

It does not violate the business model, it is something numerous pax have asked both drivers and the company itself, it is actually included in one type of uber but none of the others, and it is deliberately misrepresented to the public on television and in print. It has all the appearances of a flippant and calloused disregard to the wishes of their providers and customer base for no other reason than just because.

So concequently, people are
going to continue to @@@@@ about it. Rightfully so.

Last edited:

SCdave

Base + Surge + Tips....and release the Market Dynamic Kraken

For more Market Dynamics,
You're all dreaming. Uber. Will. Never. Have. In-App. Tips.

Uber management has repeatedly, at every point, said we'd love to hear from drivers about everything but tips. Because there will never be any allowed in-app.

So stop talking about it.
Or another Company, a Competitor, such as Juno, reads what is important for Drivers, has the funding to compete with Uber, and starts up in New York in Spring 2016.

"Never" is only a pathway to change.

"Everything changes and nothing stands still."
"The only thing that is constant is change."
Heraclitus of Ephesus

Wickedcool

Base + Surge + Tips....and release the Market Dynamic Kraken

For more Market Dynamics,

Or another Company, a Competitor, such as Juno, reads what is important for Drivers, has the funding to compete with Uber, and starts up in New York in Spring 2016.

"Never" is only a pathway to change.

"Everything changes and nothing stands still."
"The only thing that is constant is change."
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Your comment didn't actually say anything other than Juno will probably have tips. We already know they purport to be "listening" to drivers, so one would assume they will.

I've already signed up for Juno info when it comes.

Doesn't change what's being said by Uber HQ. Will it be their downfall? Maybe.

Has Lyft already been using tips as a weapon to recruit drivers against Uber for more than a year now? Yes.

Has Uber wavered on their tipping stance one iota? Nope.

Superunknown

Bonuses have a way (at least locally) of getting even more drivers online in an already oversaturated market.

Definitely add a tip option. Plus adjust the rates back to where they were 18-24 months ago. I won't be holding my breath on either, though.

zipcash

I would prefer CASH tips... tips on the app can be reported to irs... Tips in cash can be used for gas,food, etc... this way One dont have to pay 40% in taxes for one's tip. jmho.