• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

POLL - What is ideal trip length?

What is the ideal Uber or Lyft Trip Length?

• Total voters

UberBeemer

I would say anything between 4 and 8, frome my base of operation would leave me in a busy area with likely a low wait time for the next ride.

Omega 3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would say anything between 4 and 8, frome my base of operation would leave me in a busy area with likely a low wait time for the next ride.
I agree. I think anything beyond 16 and you risk a lot of dead head miles.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not going to vote as I would say 0 mile shuffle for 3.75 is the best followed by 1 mile or less. In Las Vegas the minimum fare is 3.97 it’s great to get that half mile ride for 3.97.
$3.97 min fare? You have a good rate there unless it takes longer there to find and pick up people.

Las Vegas Dude

I agree. I think anything beyond 16 and you risk a lot of dead head miles.
Post automatically merged:

$3.97 min fare? You have a good rate there unless it takes longer there to find and pick up people.
If your picking up on the strip or dropping off on the strip it sucks but other than that it’s not bad.

Vishnu643

32. It means the passenger is ALWAYS leaving the big city (NYC), and that is always big money. Time is ALWAYS at minimum, 40 min. And NY needs a driver no matter what.

oldfart

I picked 32 miles. That's an ideal airport run with a respectable payout. I like the longer ones too but they can be problematic depending on where you end up. Also for pee purposes.
Me too 30 miles is good for me, a decent payday and a very good chance of getting a return trip... My best ride is 50 miles from the airport to an island at the extreme south end of my market,followed by by a return trip to the airport, but they dont happen every day

Merc7186

16 miles can get you from Downtown Buffalo to UB North. Anything more than that and you have dead miles coming back.

SuzeCB

Depends on day of the week, the destination and if I can or want pings there, surge, how much time I have to spend, my mood, and the vibe I get from the pax.

Way too many variables to answer, really.

Thundercat

I picked 16, will typically keep me out of The City. And if it puts me in an area where I have to go offline to avoid certain types pings, I’m cool with deadheadding back a short distance. If you could guarantee that the direction would be anything but North/Northeast/East I would say 32 miles.

This is a tough question. Let's say you get a ride to go out 50 miles. Gas is at $3 a gallon. You have a car that does at least 20 miles to the gallon. So a one way trip you're still winning a little bit. Because you still have 10 miles left from blowing out 2 gallons. However, now you have to figure out how to get to an area with more requests. If you go back to where you started from with no request, you can't really financially justify the return trip. However, if you get a ride back to your original destination, then you are profiting. The bad part is when you have to go very far and then kind of wait around until you get a ride hoping that the area you are in gets requests

Last edited:

TomTheAnt

I also went with 32. Usually it means it's mostly highway and since I'm driving a gas hog, the more highway the better. From home base it's usually an airport trip either to DFW or DAL.

If it's not an airport trip, then it's still within the metroplex, so it's pretty easy to get rides where ever that takes me ant my way around for return gas money. Or just hit DF and see where that takes you.