1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Poll - Water bottles?

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by Tncluber, Sep 7, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Tncluber

Tncluber

Is anybody still passing out water? I understand if you are a sfo driver only, but why would you still be passing out water for 10 min rides? Or rides when people are coming from their own home and they can get their own water?

2. Jem

Jem

No man! NEVER EVER provide water bottle anymore! Ive done that $hit aint worth it. Even candies fvck these cheap @$$ passengers who gives you low rate and don't give tip. just DONT. Accept ping drop pax and move on to another pax. uber dont give you extra money for bottle water and candies. Just a friendly advice.

Angel90, NH_Uber_Driver and Tncluber like this.
  3. Tncluber

Tncluber

I stopped long time ago. Just starting the thread for rookies to see.

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  4. I wouldn't say I'm passing them out, but I have small ones in all of my doors if a passenger wants one. A huge case of small water bottles costs me like $3 from Costco, and honestly...hardly any of my passengers even take them. Maybe they don't know to check the doors for them? I don't know. A passenger of mine had a choking attack once in my car, so I was thankful I had them at the point.

5. If somebody ever asks for bottled water in California, just tell them due to the severe drought we are experiencing Uber has instructed us to stop handing out water for free but rather to only provide it upon request for special rides that are priced accordingly ... :)
    Since most idiots think we work for Uber anyway, they'll buy that answer.

6. I still give out water & mints but I only drive Uber Plus. .......

Tncluber likes this.
  7. Tncluber

Tncluber

How kind of you.

8. Tncluber

Tncluber

Lmao I might start telling pax I work for uber.

9. DexNex

DexNex

I have it in the doors. Most pax don't even take them. I do offer them to longer surge runs, especially the last call bar pax.

$3 case of 24 usually lasts me a couple of weeks.

soupergloo likes this.
  10. manuellsam

manuellsam

Driving:
    UberX
    Honestly even though the money sucks and pax rate poorly, it's water if I can hydrate another human being I will

I hope am never at a point where I feel bad for giving anyone water I hate going to Walmart every week to buy water but that's about it

soupergloo likes this.
  11. Tncluber

Tncluber

Well stop.

12. Tncluber

Tncluber

You have permission to stop. Soon you will be the only driver doing it. And it gets you nothing. You can tell me different, but if you think with your brain and not your heart the water gets you nothing. It's bad business.

13. DexNex

DexNex

Thanks, but I'll keep on.

Tncluber and soupergloo like this.
  14. I think the responses to the this survey suggest otherwise. Obviously the disgruntled drivers don't want to offer anything extra to make a ride more comfortable, but I don't think the drivers still offering water should be hated on.

Tncluber likes this.
  15. Tncluber

Tncluber

Out of the 5 votes for yes, 2 or 3 of them are UberXL or higher drivers. They get paid hella good. Everybody would pass out water for their fares. UberX and passing out water? No Bueno.

I bet you won't do it after a while anyways. The thread is just to see who is and who isn't. All experienced drivers say no.

16. Like...are you my uber?

Like...are you my uber?

Driving:
    UberX
  17. I'll consider doing this during heat waves... but no on the candies and other food stuffs.

18. ORT

Anyone who feeds their pax needs to get themselves checked.