• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Poll - Uber Pro worthless?

Is Uber Pro worthless

• Total voters

Omega 3

Poll - Uber Pro worthless? If not please let me know what you get out of it.

Last edited:

Omega 3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh.
I thought you said" UBER I.P.O."

anyway, answer is Still YES !
WORTHLESS.
Yeah I figured. Please vote in the poll though thanks. Maybe Uber will get the hint.
Post automatically merged:

Oh you did vote, never mind thanks.
Yeah I figured. Please vote in the poll though thanks. Maybe Uber will get the hint.

ariel5466

I didn't respond to the poll because it's not a simple yes or no question. It really depends on your market. In a big market that's busy all the time, yeah, it wouldn't be worth it.

Smaller markets are different though. When you don't get as many pings, you have to accept a higher percentage of them anyway, so you might as well capitalize on the info Uber Pro gives.

I reject as many requests as I can and still keep my AR at 85%. Uber Pro tells me which rides I should definitely turn down, which rides I should shuffle, and which rides to put a little extra effort in making sure the pax finds me as soon as possible.

Yeah, it sucks that they don't give this info to everyone, since we are classified as ICs. But I do find it helpful in my market.

Timbrr

I also can't vote because it's a bit double edged. I do accept most of the pings I get as the area I hang out in tends to give longer rides. I'm okay with driving 10 miles for a 12 mile trip. Seeing that I'm only going to get a 2 mile trip out of a 10 mile drive is definitely helpful. The other side is the catch 22. Have to keep acceptance rate up so that I can know what trips to not accept. So if I use the information they give me, they'll stop giving me the information. Right...

Benjamin M

I know if a trip is going to be profitable or a total waste of time / gas. I save on said gas. I have more discounts than before for things like maintenance. I have access to better support. I actually have an opportunity to take online classes to better myself.

Hating Pro makes zero sense to me. This cheap ass company actually did something nice for a change and many shit all over it.

nonononodrivethru

Poll - Uber Pro worthless? If not please let me know what you get out of it.

I live and die by my destination knowledge. Figuratively and literally. Properly tuned, I can exploit a surge in my market by taking all of the rides that keep me in surge areas.

Phoenix is huge. I have no interest in rides to bad neighborhoods or the sticks when I'm staging for my late night run.

I love blowing through my hell no rides until I find my hello ride.

Jsaxophone

Like most perks (take Lyft's bonus program), Rewards for being a "good boy" come with their pitfalls.

I've never dived in towards any incentive program that forces me to accept every ride or drive certain times. That is against my best interest, and for a few small rewards, I end up losing money breaking my back and burning up my gas for people who are simply too far.

CTK

I live and die by my destination knowledge. Figuratively and literally. Properly tuned, I can exploit a surge in my market by taking all of the rides that keep me in surge areas.

Phoenix is huge. I have no interest in rides to bad neighborhoods or the sticks when I'm staging for my late night run.

I love blowing through my hell no rides until I find my hello ride.
Explain how you're "blowing through your hell no rides" and maintaining an 85% AR, since that requires you accept 17 out of 20 requests?

All of you extolling the virtues of this Pro feature aren't making any sense. You're either saying that it's allowing you to pick and choose only good rides, which doesn't work mathematically, or you're saying that knowing the destination 5 minutes prior to when you would otherwise know it is somehow a great benefit to you.

None of you has come up with a single intelligent argument as to how Uber Pro is anything more than a gimmick intended to manipulate.

Jsaxophone

Explain how you're "blowing through your hell no rides" and maintaining an 85% AR, since that requires you accept 17 out of 20 requests?
That was going to be my question. I'm sure that knowing which riders are 'Hell Yes' vs 'Hell No' is a pretty cool feature....except that there's nothing you can do about it without getting kicked out of the program.

Reactions: CTK
None of you has come up with a single intelligent argument as to how Uber Pro is anything more than a gimmick intended to manipulate.
I find myself working longer between restroom breaks because I know whether I can take that last ride duration before jumping offline.

ariel5466

I know if a trip is going to be profitable or a total waste of time / gas. I save on said gas. I have more discounts than before for things like maintenance. I have access to better support. I actually have an opportunity to take online classes to better myself.

Hating Pro makes zero sense to me. This cheap ass company actually did something nice for a change and many shit all over it.
The only real benefit to most people is seeing the trip info. The cash back requires you to get an Uber debit card... Hell no. The maintenance discounts are useless to me because I found someone who works under the table and I can save a lot more money that way. I have taken advantage of the roadside assistance when I was having battery issues and needed a jump, but a lot of drivers already have AAA and the roadside assistance is limited to 4x/year. For the college courses you need to have 3000 rides before you're eligible.

In our market it can be useful. But that doesn't make it right that we're ICs who can only get trip info when we're forced to take some trips we don't want. Everyone should be able to have this info, regardless of AR/CR/rating. I totally understand why people hate it. Uber didn't give us this info out of the kindness of their hearts, they did it to manipulate our driver behavior.

That was going to be my question. I'm sure that knowing which riders are 'Hell Yes' vs 'Hell No' is a pretty cool feature....except that there's nothing you can do abo
You can use the info to a certain extent. It's about staying right at that 85% threshold and taking a few trips you might not want in order to avoid the trips you REALLY don't want.