• Insulated Pizza bag only

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Both Insulated Bag(s) & Pizza bag

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • None

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.8%

POLL: Do you use insulated bags for UE deliveries???

UberEats 
5K views 37 replies 25 participants last post by  Fuzzyelvis 
#1 ·
Ok. Do you use insulated bags for UE deliveries? (honest answers for poll plz)

I ask this because we are ALL affected one way or another, by previous deliveries...albeit, our own or other drivers. I can't recall how many times I've seen other drivers (UE, DD, GH, PM, etc) pick up food and not have an insulated bag.

Hot or cold food delivered influences our tips! If we can try to get everyone on board, then hopefully our "expected tip" will be great and consistent. IMO

#3 · (Edited)
Don't assume other drivers don't have bags just because they are empty handed in the restaurant. I have 3 different sizes that I keep in the car and figure out which one to use once in the car and depending on the packaging.
Understand. I should have clarified.... I've seen many drivers pickup orders and go to their vehicle, then drive off without placing food in a bag. Yes, I have seen some drivers place food in bag(s) when they get to their vehicle as well. True, they may have the a/c or heater running. But, best practice to have insulated bag(s)/Pizza bag. Also, restaurants may give a negative rating if they don't see a driver with a bag. There has been so many times that I've gotten compliments from restaurants... they're surprised that I have bags.

#5 ·
I use both types of bags, more to impress the restaurant than the customer as I've heard about restaurants giving thumbs down to drivers without bags. Another thing is that a driver with a bag will often get noticed in a restaurant faster than one without a bag.

I won't always use a bag to deliver to a customer. For instance, if it is daytime and plenty hot outside, I'm not worried about hot food going cold on a short drive.

What is even more important to me is having a way to wedge the food in place so it won't tip over and make a mess. So I have several different items I keep in my car on the front floor on the passenger side. A small Igloo ice chest is one thing along with some blankets to keep things from moving around as I turn corners or have to jam on the brakes. I don't like the thought of putting the food in the seat as it could go flying forward if I have to stop abruptly.

#11 · (Edited)
I use both types of bags, more to impress the restaurant than the customer as I've heard about restaurants giving thumbs down to drivers without bags. Another thing is that a driver with a bag will often get noticed in a restaurant faster than one without a bag.

I won't always use a bag to deliver to a customer. For instance, if it is daytime and plenty hot outside, I'm not worried about hot food going cold on a short drive.

What is even more important to me is having a way to wedge the food in place so it won't tip over and make a mess. So I have several different items I keep in my car on the front floor on the passenger side. A small Igloo ice chest is one thing along with some blankets to keep things from moving around as I turn corners or have to jam on the brakes. I don't like the thought of putting the food in the seat as it could go flying forward if I have to stop abruptly.
True that. I want restaurants to see me with my bag(s). While they can see your pic on their lcd screen, you stand out vs being a customer.

No matter the platform, I always use either my DD or GH bags especially right now with the Covid. It's just more sanitary in my eyes and the customers really appreciate the extra effort. I've had customers say, wow you're one of the few that use a bag, thank you. It's hard to say if it makes a difference with tips since some platforms tip before and some after but I feel better using bags.
Great point. That has been my thinking also. Bags, masks, even disposable gloves on my end . Also, having food in an additional "bag" helps quell any concerns, if any, regarding food tampering.

#6 ·
I have done about 400 deliveries - all without any bags. I have a 99% thumbs up rating. However, I do get tips on roughly 95% of orders. I am fairly certain that the one thumbs down was due to not having a bag (also no tip). I started out not buying bags as I had zero idea if I needed one or what to even buy, let alone if I wanted to do delivery at all. Once I figured out I wanted to do, nobody was asking about a bag so all I did was make sure I had a basket to make sure stuff didn’t spill. With all that, I just last week decided to buy three types of Insulated bags so I can do this the right way. Two oversized bags for multiple orders since those seem to be popular now and an oversized pizza bag. Also bought a portable drink carrier. All cost In total about $60. While I have top scores and almost always get tips, I do think these will either stay up or at least the same with the bags helping as we start to move into the winter months.

#7 ·
I have done about 400 deliveries - all without any bags. I have a 99% thumbs up rating. However, I do get tips on roughly 95% of orders. I am fairly certain that the one thumbs down was due to not having a bag (also no tip). I started out not buying bags as I had zero idea if I needed one or what to even buy, let alone if I wanted to do delivery at all. Once I figured out I wanted to do, nobody was asking about a bag so all I did was make sure I had a basket to make sure stuff didn't spill. With all that, I just last week decided to buy three types of Insulated bags so I can do this the right way. Two oversized bags for multiple orders since those seem to be popular now and an oversized pizza bag. Also bought a portable drink carrier. All cost In total about $60. While I have top scores and almost always get tips, I do think these will either stay up or at least the same with the bags helping as we start to move into the winter months.
I'm glad you finally wised up and got some bags but from a customer perspective, its infuriating when I get food cold, it's obvious when it's due to not being picked up promptly and when it's due to a lazy driver. Again glad you got bags cause they do make a serious difference. Your customers will appreciate it

#8 ·
No matter the platform, I always use either my DD or GH bags especially right now with the Covid. It's just more sanitary in my eyes and the customers really appreciate the extra effort. I've had customers say, wow you're one of the few that use a bag, thank you. It's hard to say if it makes a difference with tips since some platforms tip before and some after but I feel better using bags.

#10 ·
I picked up a pizza order that must of been waiting for a while because as soon as I picked up the box it was not even the slightest bit warm and I knew I was facing an uphill battle on getting a good tip.

Many restaurants don't even try to keep their food warm while it's waiting for pickup and in the end it makes the driver look like it's his/her fault.

Watch Sleeve Gesture Clock Finger

#21 ·
I use a cooler on my front passenger seat. It measures approximately 2' x 1' x 1'. Way better insulation and way easier to clean IMO. The drawback is it's too bulky to take into restaurants and to delivery addresses, although I may start when the weather gets cold.

I also have two empty plastic distilled vinegar bottles which I fill with hot water when the weather is cold. They keep the cooper's interior warm and if I have a really big order one or both can sit on the floor mats during the delivery. They stay warm for hours when kept mostly in the cooler.

#25 ·
I use a cooler on my front passenger seat. It measures approximately 2' x 1' x 1'. Way better insulation and way easier to clean IMO. The drawback is it's too bulky to take into restaurants and to delivery addresses, although I may start when the weather gets cold.

I also have two empty plastic distilled vinegar bottles which I fill with hot water when the weather is cold. They keep the cooper's interior warm and if I have a really big order one or both can sit on the floor mats during the delivery. They stay warm for hours when kept mostly in the cooler.
I have an flexible insulated cooler with a removable partition that I bought off of Amazon. I usually place my insulated bags inside of it so it keeps it extra warm/cold. I keep the cooler in my trunk. Keeps the smell out (helps if your also a Uber driver) and making me hungry. Lol.

Yep I do that with my cooler. I pull up with the pax door facing them and pop it open.
Right on. They sure are impressed.

#22 · (Edited)
Didn't deliver until I received a quality bag that I ordered on Amazon. Pizza orders are infrequent but I now have a pizza bag capable of carrying two extra large pizzas.

Just like an inward facing dash cam for pax, it's an essential tool of the trade.

Automotive tire Musical instrument Luggage and bags Automotive lighting Bag
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Bumper Grey
Grass Luggage and bags Bag Tints and shades Lawn

#26 ·
I have a bag I keep in my car, but I've only used it for ice cream shops. Summer time in Atlanta, carrying this has assisted me to cut in long lines there! I haven't seen any other drivers in the Atlanta area carrying insulated bags but I'm still relatively new at just under 400 trips. I like to move quickly and seems maybe not worth the hassle of getting every order in and out of that zipped up bag each time. I doubt it's been affecting my tips since most deliveries are "leave at door" the customer wouldn't know whether I had a bag or not. Hot food stays relatively hot in 90 degree weather anyway, but I foresee using the bag more in the winter if God spares my life and I'm still slaving at this...

Good poll! Glad you brought this up. I didn't think of asking the restaurant to repackage when they put hot and cold items in the same bags.

#33 ·
I do, for a couple of reasons. Even though this isn’t a high paying gig I still try to do a good job. Customers like it when their food is warm. One guy told me he was going to leave a higher tip because I had a bag

And when the people in the restaurants see my bag they know I’m there for a mobile order. They usually ask which order I’m picking up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.