POLL: Do you use insulated bags for UE deliveries???

Which bag(s) do you use for deliveries?

• Insulated bag(s) only

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Insulated Pizza bag only

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Both Insulated Bag(s) & Pizza bag

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • None

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I use a cooler on my front passenger seat. It measures approximately 2' x 1' x 1'. Way better insulation and way easier to clean IMO. The drawback is it's too bulky to take into restaurants and to delivery addresses, although I may start when the weather gets cold.

I also have two empty plastic distilled vinegar bottles which I fill with hot water when the weather is cold. They keep the cooper's interior warm and if I have a really big order one or both can sit on the floor mats during the delivery. They stay warm for hours when kept mostly in the cooler.

Benjamin M

Didn't deliver until I received a quality bag that I ordered on Amazon. Pizza orders are infrequent but I now have a pizza bag capable of carrying two extra large pizzas.

Just like an inward facing dash cam for pax, it's an essential tool of the trade.

1599332579826405507204167404625.jpg
15993326266572138897125075656183.jpg
15993326602778736571630835569347.jpg

Last edited:

Wildgoose

Customers love it when you let them take their foods themselves from the insulated bag. Meet at door/Wait in car customers only.

Kewlkat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use a cooler on my front passenger seat. It measures approximately 2' x 1' x 1'. Way better insulation and way easier to clean IMO. The drawback is it's too bulky to take into restaurants and to delivery addresses, although I may start when the weather gets cold.

I also have two empty plastic distilled vinegar bottles which I fill with hot water when the weather is cold. They keep the cooper's interior warm and if I have a really big order one or both can sit on the floor mats during the delivery. They stay warm for hours when kept mostly in the cooler.
I have an flexible insulated cooler with a removable partition that I bought off of Amazon. I usually place my insulated bags inside of it so it keeps it extra warm/cold. I keep the cooler in my trunk. Keeps the smell out (helps if your also a Uber driver) and making me hungry. Lol.
Post automatically merged:

Yep I do that with my cooler. I pull up with the pax door facing them and pop it open.
Right on. They sure are impressed.

mama2bebes

I have a bag I keep in my car, but I've only used it for ice cream shops. Summer time in Atlanta, carrying this has assisted me to cut in long lines there! I haven't seen any other drivers in the Atlanta area carrying insulated bags but I'm still relatively new at just under 400 trips. I like to move quickly and seems maybe not worth the hassle of getting every order in and out of that zipped up bag each time. I doubt it's been affecting my tips since most deliveries are "leave at door" the customer wouldn't know whether I had a bag or not. Hot food stays relatively hot in 90 degree weather anyway, but I foresee using the bag more in the winter if God spares my life and I'm still slaving at this...

Good poll! Glad you brought this up. I didn't think of asking the restaurant to repackage when they put hot and cold items in the same bags.

DJJoeyZ

I don’t understand why UE doesn’t give bags to it drivers. Many times I use my DD bag for UE deliveries.

Dave Bust

no,,,in my market there are over 100 restaurants in a 3 mile radius,,,my longest trip is like 4-5 minutes.

DriverMark

Use doordash bags. PizzaHut gave me a nice DD pizza bag some months ago, that was a nice score. Might look for something better for winter on the standard bag side.

ColonyMark

I do, for a couple of reasons. Even though this isn’t a high paying gig I still try to do a good job. Customers like it when their food is warm. One guy told me he was going to leave a higher tip because I had a bag

And when the people in the restaurants see my bag they know I’m there for a mobile order. They usually ask which order I’m picking up.

tohunt4me

Ok. Do you use insulated bags for UE deliveries? (honest answers for poll plz)

I ask this because we are ALL affected one way or another, by previous deliveries...albeit, our own or other drivers. I can't recall how many times I've seen other drivers (UE, DD, GH, PM, etc) pick up food and not have an insulated bag.

Hot or cold food delivered influences our tips! If we can try to get everyone on board, then hopefully our "expected tip" will be great and consistent. IMO
i deliver pizza.

Insulated bags are the way to go !

Wildgoose

Why are we letting these COVID-laden mooks touch our food bags?!

In my experience, those DoorDash bags are really good for keeping wobbly food packages stable and upright.
no one touches the bag. they just hold up their bags and pull out.

i open the hot bag wide so they can pull their foods bag out.

Monkeyman4394

no one touches the bag. they just hold up their bags and pull out.

i open the hot bag wide so they can pull their foods bag out.
This bizarre version of food bag Operation still qualifies as touching. Nobody better lay a finger on my sack.

Fuzzyelvis

Don’t assume other drivers don’t have bags just because they are empty handed in the restaurant. I have 3 different sizes that I keep in the car and figure out which one to use once in the car and depending on the packaging.
I'm the same. I have two old pizza bags I grabbed that were being tossed for a newer version, and two rectangular box type bags from Favor (that company isn't everywhere). I also have some smaller bags.

It does irritate me that places put cold drinks with the hot food in sealed bags. You'd think their managers would have them separate hot from cold. I used to do that with cold items like salad too, but nowadays you can't do that.

I put everything in the hatchback. Unless it's pouring rain I much prefer to be able to make sure everything is stable and upright there rather than trying to bag it on some COVID counter in a restaurant with an employer breathing down my neck.

This bizarre version of food bag Operation still qualifies as touching. Nobody better lay a finger on my sack.
Trust me, no one wants to touch your sack.

Seriously, though, I don't take my bags to the customer door or in the restaurant anymore. They stay nicely in my car.