• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Poll: Do you fast while driving?

Do you fast (abstain from food) while driving?

• I stop whenever I'm hungry or thirsty.

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • I stop when to eat or drink when it makes sense.

Votes: 66 29.5%
  • I seldom stop to eat or drink.

Votes: 40 17.9%
  • I do not eat while driving, but I drink to stay hydrated.

Votes: 68 30.4%
  • I do not eat while driving, but I drink to stay awake.

Votes: 30 13.4%
  • I do not eat or drink while driving at all.

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters

ncnealncn

I almost never go offline to eat or drink. I drink a lot of diet cola with caffeine and eat snack food while driving to the next pick up. I stop wherever I can to pee. Sometimes I stop while in route to the next pickup. It's quicker if you don't wash your hands. :-)

KD_LA

Author
Hypoglycemia dictates that I eat on time, so technically none of the above, but, I stop to eat when it's time. I carry a couple of Clif bars in case of emergency, and at times I take snacks to help in between meals.

It's easy and inexpensive to take good snacks along with you to munch on in between those pesky interruptions (pax). Snacks like grapes, baby carrots, peeled/segmented citrus, low/no salt nuts, etc. Some (like grapes) you can even freeze so they stay cold longer. Many of these also help hydration. A stick or two of low fat string cheese too if you're not anti-dairy.

Jay Dean

No, and I only eat crappy once a week, I eat 6 times a day in healthy small meals and my metabolism is cranked and in great shape at 40, I crack jokes as I drive around looking at all the fat @@@@s that have no clue how to properly eat and how to spend 10-30 mins a day exercising. Just saying lol

Bought this book in 1999
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060193395/?tag=ubne0c-20

Review that I dig:

2016 interview: It works, And I could give a damn if you believe me or not lol

2018 still not fat and just follow the basics these days but was all about it in 2000 lol!

Don't fast, your body is not something to play with.

Last edited:

baymatt

Sup, y'all! Madtown, back again!!! I had a great day driving in Cream City (Milwaukee) yesterday and I am again pondering the topic of eating and drinking during a Rideshare "shift".

I find that I get annoyed if I have to stop to go to the bathroom because I might miss something. Could be just the way I am wired (similar to why I don't sleep a lot). So in the morning I will drink coffee to stay awake but I will try to limit it it so I don't have to stop often...and then I try to time the final pee break with filling up my gas tank (I don't pee in bottles in the car). Late nights I sip a Starbucks sweetened coffee drink which is convenient because it can be capped. Then I hydrate only when I feel it's necessary.

I find that even if I am getting hungry I don't notice it due to all the stimuli of driving and interacting with people. It's like the adrenaline keeps me satisfied. Sorry if that sounds weird or lame, but it's kind of like a video game binge from back in the day.

Maybe you get hungry but wait for a slow time to eat. I am hesitant to do this, because the nature's call (especially after spicy food) can hit me at the most inopportune times!

So what do you think? Please vote! I am allowing up to two votes because there are a couple of options that may not be mutually exclusive.

Happy Ubering!
It's a good idea to bring a small igloo cooler with a ice pack. You can put fruit / salads / snack foods etc in your car all the time. Even hit the grocery store for even cheaper food.

Also dude pee in a bottle. Get a Gatorade and you will save so much time and stress. Peeing at a red light is just part of the game we play.

Oh and don't drink too much coffee. Water is your best friend and you can buy a gallon of water at whole foods for 70 cents or something like that.

Digestive system doesn't work properly and intermittent fasting actually helps. I strive for 16 hr fast with 8 hr eating window but as a female, as long as I am hitting 14 hrs of fasting I can still reap most of the benefits. I do not do this for weight loss and still consume the appropriate amount of calories depending on if I am working out that day or not. Might seem like a lot/long time to go without food, but in reality if I am doing it properly half the fast is while I am asleep. Then it is just getting through the morning on black tea. Sometimes driving makes fasting easier but sometimes it makes me break my fast, all depends on the day. I only drive part time and typically work M-F 9am-6pm.

jgiun1

MadTownUberD congrats on another feature thread!

It's like you knew it would happen. Well done!:wink:

Yes congrats madtown

I eat before a shift or after....I get tired after eating during driving hours and sitting in a car.

One time I did eat three huge fried breaded zucchini from a restaurant, felt like crap after that (they were good though, just too much food) lost motivation and wanted to nap one hour after eating, went home.

Jay Dean

I am also a huge fan of battle ropes, I utilize them in between workouts, I talked to a grandma once and asked how she was in such shape and she said "ropes" If you have land, utilize ropes man lol

MHR

If I'm making good money I will buy a decent meal and actually eat in a restaurant. Something cheap, good and local. No fast food. I end my day around 3 or 4 p.m and that's when I'll eat.

For breakfast it's a protein bar and tea.

During the summer I will always have water on hand, it gets too hot here to risk dehydration. I usually keep a couple of frozen water bottles as they defrost during the day so I always have something cold to drink.

If I'm busy I find I don't need to stop for the restroom. My mind is occupied so the bladder doesn't bother me.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I need to follow some of y'all's advice on this thread and stay hydrated. I had some adult beverages yesterday then drank caffeine all day at work. By the time I started driving during rush hour today I was pretty dry and not thinking clearly.

Had a trip during which I got honked at by a lady in my blind spot and then I forgot to turn my flashers off when starting up from the non scheduled stop. I suppose I could blame the pax for making me feel "rattled" (the pickup pin was wrong and I had to brain-navigate to the unscheduled stop), but ultimately it's my responsibility. I could have by rights given him less than 5*, but when I mess up during a trip I feel like I lose the right to do that.

Reactions: MHR

YouEvenLyftBruh

No, and I only eat crappy once a week, I eat 6 times a day in healthy small meals and my metabolism is cranked and in great shape at 40, I crack jokes as I drive around looking at all the fat &%[email protected]!*s that have no clue how to properly eat and how to spend 10-30 mins a day exercising. Just saying lol

Bought this book in 1999
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060193395/?tag=ubne0c-20

Review that I dig:

2016 interview: It works, And I could give a damn if you believe me or not lol

2018 still not fat and just follow the basics these days but was all about it in 2000 lol!

Don't fast, your body is not something to play with.
Bill Phillips! I remember that guy! Cybergenics... wow I'm gettin old...