1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Poll - Are uber Drivers targets for traffic citations?

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by Tncluber, Sep 10, 2015.

?
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Thread is ridiculous.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Tncluber

Tncluber

Are Ubet drivers targets for citations? I do see more and more drivers pulled over on the side of the road.

2. FlDriver

FlDriver

How do you know these pulled-over drivers were with Uber, or that they were pulled over for that reason?

How would police know I'm with Uber? My car is unmarked and looks like any other civilian car on the street.

I don't block traffic to wait for riders or park illegally or do other things that might draw attention from police.

3. manuella

manuella

Driving:
    UberX
    When I read what you wrote I immediately knew you don't drive in San Francisco , different beast here ✌️

UberPartnerDennis and Tncluber like this.
  4. Transportador

Transportador

Driving:
    UberX
    In The Bay Area police are generally nice to Uber/Lyft drivers. Even at SFO they don't bother me when I had to wait for a rider who is not yet on the curb. I don't speed or make illegal turns though. And of course I tried like hell not to stop in Bus zones and red curbs. Blocking traffic and double park stops with flasher on is the norm for SF.

Tncluber likes this.
  5. manuella

manuella

Driving:
    UberX
    How serious are they about those red curbs ?

6. Transportador

Transportador

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't know since I try not to stop in them except when it seems there is not other good choice, and I have looked to see there is no cops around. Those curbs are red for a reason, and I don't want to chance getting crushed by a truck or something like that. Plus I want the pax to pay attention to what they are doing (setting us up for trouble). Maybe someone else knows more about this.

Tncluber likes this.
  7. Why aren't you displaying your trade dress like you are supposed to?

8. BuberXL

BuberXL

Driving:
    Lyft
    I only dress when about to Pickup PAX and while PAX sitting in my car.

9. I've been pulled over by CHP for my tints and LAPD for other bogus stuff numerous times. All the time, I had a pax in and they gave me a warning. Don't know how they do it there in NorCal though. But I figured CHP is all one dept.