Police Targeting Ride share Drivers for a quick ticket ( anyone else)?

Giant Ed

Hi- I have been hearing of stories of Police officers targeting Uber and Lyft drivers from both drivers and passengers. I was doing a run during a last call surge on Saturday March 23 in Santa Cruz. The cruiser flew up on my ass with the lights off. Considering the neighborhood and time I figured either there was going to be a shooting or I was going to get rear ended by a drunk. As I approached the intersection I CAME TO A COMPLETE STOP. Despite their being no headlights or street lights the car had an outline of a SUV squad. I wasn't sure so it was quick stop..... but a complete one. The officer first didn't give me a reason for pulling me over other than "do you know why I pulled you over". I was like...... sh'yeaaaaaah..... it's last call. Clearly there are drunk people on the road. He proceeded to run back to the car and write the world's fastest ticket. When he returned (two cops were present.... one was waiting by the passenger door) he asked "so how many beer did you say you had" and I was all like- none, that conversation didn't happen. Then he hands me a ticket for running a stop sign...... wtf!?!?! I had a pax relate a similar story he experienced from the backseat of an uber. Anyone else experience this? Please report. Total fake intent during our best paying time period. I mean, I get it- realize that we are giving drunks a ride and @@@@ the fake door prize of a slightly less expensive ticket. Ugggggg

Da Ub

Watch out for Santa Cruz PD at night on river st and on broadway by the 7/11.
Watch out for the CHP around Sir Froggies and between the State Park and Freedom Blvd exits.
Invest in a dash cam. I have been stopped by them multiple times when they were fishing for a DUI

Giant Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heard that dub. Shit has got allot more scary since then. My ticket was signed by an officer that hasn't worked in the department for 3 years. SCPD claims it was not them (confirmed by a CHP "ammendment" sent in the mail) . It was the end of the month (quotas- need to fall within 15% of the average number of tickets written in order to get wage increases). Also, I was pulled over by two caucasion officers but I was issued and signed under threat of perjury by a Latino officer that left the department long ago and doesn't even live in the area. This is fishy AF. Going to just take traffic school- having the chief dropping a "tread lightly young grasshopper" will get my 300 dollars in exchange for not ending up in the Monterey Bay . That shit ain't worth it. Just hoping I don't get deactivated. This will kill my insurance (everything is maxed out because I have a lease car).
Post automatically merged:

Heard that dub. Shit has got allot more scary since then. My ticket was signed by an officer that hasn't worked in the department for 3 years. SCPD claims it was not them (confirmed by a CHP "ammendment" sent in the mail) . It was the end of the month (quotas- need to fall within 15% of the average number of tickets written in order to get wage increases). Also, I was pulled over by two caucasion officers but I was issued and signed under threat of perjury by a Latino officer that left the department long ago and doesn't even live in the area. This is fishy AF. Going to just take traffic school- having the chief dropping a "tread lightly young grasshopper" will get my 300 dollars in exchange for not ending up in the Monterey Bay . That shit ain't worth it. Just hoping I don't get deactivated. This will kill my insurance (everything is maxed out because I have a lease car).
Kick myself for not getting a dashcam because of my shoestring budget. At least I can ask for a continuance and get a techie to hack my rear camera and car speakers.

Da Ub

I would fight the ticket. The worst thing that can happen is you get the officer that wasn’t there to commit perjury. I fought a double parking one in Capitola Village saying I was double parked when I was enroute to pick someone up

Giant Ed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, those wheelchair cops in Capitola don't fuggaround fer sure lmao. I always make eye contact with them and get the go ahead with them before I even make the slightest questionably vehicular violation.

JPilla

Hi- I have been hearing of stories of Police officers targeting Uber and Lyft drivers from both drivers and passengers. I was doing a run during a last call surge on Saturday March 23 in Santa Cruz. The cruiser flew up on my ass with the lights off. Considering the neighborhood and time I figured either there was going to be a shooting or I was going to get rear ended by a drunk. As I approached the intersection I CAME TO A COMPLETE STOP. Despite their being no headlights or street lights the car had an outline of a SUV squad. I wasn't sure so it was quick stop..... but a complete one. The officer first didn't give me a reason for pulling me over other than "do you know why I pulled you over". I was like...... sh'yeaaaaaah..... it's last call. Clearly there are drunk people on the road. He proceeded to run back to the car and write the world's fastest ticket. When he returned (two cops were present.... one was waiting by the passenger door) he asked "so how many beer did you say you had" and I was all like- none, that conversation didn't happen. Then he hands me a ticket for running a stop sign...... wtf!?!?! I had a pax relate a similar story he experienced from the backseat of an uber. Anyone else experience this? Please report. Total fake intent during our best paying time period. I mean, I get it- realize that we are giving drunks a ride and @@@@ the fake door prize of a slightly less expensive ticket. Ugggggg
Should've told em twelve teen occifer. Get paid on this trip. The rider would've given you a tip because you had to deal with shit. You can fight this ticket too btw.