Police Shenanigans

U for Uber

Story Time!

(Disclaimer: Might be a long read!)

Hello! I'm still fairly new to Uber and to this site, but hear what happened to me last Friday night, 1am.

Friday night, I'm out doing my thang. Trying to get some fares, accepting pools for the hourly, you know, pretty easy stuff, right?

I arrive in the vicinity of Riverdale, Dolton... Simeon (where Jabari Parker, Derrick Rose went!) so not the BEST area... And I've always been told once I'm in a bad area, just go offline and head north, deadhead somewhere, whatever. But, I was on hourly G so I decided to stay with it.

After dropping off my last fare, I usually pull into the next block or whatever to wait for my next ping, in this case it was a gas station.

Three cops are hassling a brown folk to the lot next time (at a drive through domino's! lol) probably busting him for drugs.

Anyways, after they are done with him, the 3 cops pull up behind me and flash their lights. Having my 4 windows down to freshen up my car, 2 cops walk slowly to my car, both of them with one hand at their holster! And one says "Hands up where I can see them".

Right away I say I'm doing Uber, being scared+excited+nervous, as I'm talking with one of them and showing him my Uber papers, license, all that garbage, my car starts to shake... not like shake but get these big pushes and I was like wth is going on and it turned out to be a dog sniffing around my car. Dog was like a small bear, huge animal. But I love dogs.

ANYWAYS

They then ask me to step out side and hands on the vehicle. Before exiting, I say, trying not to give attitude or to be a punk, "Sir, I know you're just doing your job, but you need to give me a reason for me to step out." (i.e. to search me/run a drunk test, whatever). He was kind of a nice guy, but rudely said "The dog picked something up, so I'm not going to ask again, step out." (hand on holster... LOL) yeah ok buddy, youre cool.

Short of it is, they searched me and my car and found sh*t. Turned out that the scent? or whatever was coming from the door handle in the back right seat. (They also checked my golf clubs and my basketball shoes in my trunk LOL!) So they found sh*t and wasted my time. All because of the 3 black pax I picked up on my way to and in the area I was at. (I probably should not say black, but they were and it is what it is...) The cops wanted to check the destinations through my Uber app, I showed them. At the end, they basically said for me to not to drive in this area, pick smarter lit areas (I was at a gas station. Not going to get any lighter, bro) and one of their quotes, "Not the best area, so just get outta here."

Another quote as they are padding me down and touching me in all kindssssss of places, "Right now would be a good time to let me know if you have any narcotics, weed, anything of the sorts. Ralph has never been wrong and I would hate him to have him to search your car." At first I was like who dafuq is Ralph... but one cop was already searching my car when he said that, so I quickly realized he was talking about the small bea- I mean dog lol. And that Ralph would probably tear up seats n sh*t, so solid scare tactics, cops!

At the end... whole thing took about 30min or longer. Missed a couple of requests. Ruined my acceptance rate. Ruined my guarantee. Deadheaded home 30miles. Solid night.

One quick question though... since Friday's 10pm-4am was screwed up, I know I'm probably not getting the bonus, but what about Saturday's 10pm-4am? I accepted all rides, worked like 11ish to 4am, so will I get whatever amount of time I was online for the hourly on Saturday?

Thanks.

Sure

Story Time!

(Disclaimer: Might be a long read!)

Hello! I'm still fairly new to Uber and to this site, but hear what happened to me last Friday night, 1am.

Friday night, I'm out doing my thang. Trying to get some fares, accepting pools for the hourly, you know, pretty easy stuff, right?

I arrive in the vicinity of Riverdale, Dolton... Simeon (where Jabari Parker, Derrick Rose went!) so not the BEST area... And I've always been told once I'm in a bad area, just go offline and head north, deadhead somewhere, whatever. But, I was on hourly G so I decided to stay with it.

After dropping off my last fare, I usually pull into the next block or whatever to wait for my next ping, in this case it was a gas station.

Three cops are hassling a brown folk to the lot next time (at a drive through domino's! lol) probably busting him for drugs.

Anyways, after they are done with him, the 3 cops pull up behind me and flash their lights. Having my 4 windows down to freshen up my car, 2 cops walk slowly to my car, both of them with one hand at their holster! And one says "Hands up where I can see them".

Right away I say I'm doing Uber, being scared+excited+nervous, as I'm talking with one of them and showing him my Uber papers, license, all that garbage, my car starts to shake... not like shake but get these big pushes and I was like wth is going on and it turned out to be a dog sniffing around my car. Dog was like a small bear, huge animal. But I love dogs.

ANYWAYS

They then ask me to step out side and hands on the vehicle. Before exiting, I say, trying not to give attitude or to be a punk, "Sir, I know you're just doing your job, but you need to give me a reason for me to step out." (i.e. to search me/run a drunk test, whatever). He was kind of a nice guy, but rudely said "The dog picked something up, so I'm not going to ask again, step out." (hand on holster... LOL) yeah ok buddy, youre cool.

Short of it is, they searched me and my car and found sh*t. Turned out that the scent? or whatever was coming from the door handle in the back right seat. (They also checked my golf clubs and my basketball shoes in my trunk LOL!) So they found sh*t and wasted my time. All because of the 3 black pax I picked up on my way to and in the area I was at. (I probably should not say black, but they were and it is what it is...) The cops wanted to check the destinations through my Uber app, I showed them. At the end, they basically said for me to not to drive in this area, pick smarter lit areas (I was at a gas station. Not going to get any lighter, bro) and one of their quotes, "Not the best area, so just get outta here."

Another quote as they are padding me down and touching me in all kindssssss of places, "Right now would be a good time to let me know if you have any narcotics, weed, anything of the sorts. Ralph has never been wrong and I would hate him to have him to search your car." At first I was like who dafuq is Ralph... but one cop was already searching my car when he said that, so I quickly realized he was talking about the small bea- I mean dog lol. And that Ralph would probably tear up seats n sh*t, so solid scare tactics, cops!

At the end... whole thing took about 30min or longer. Missed a couple of requests. Ruined my acceptance rate. Ruined my guarantee. Deadheaded home 30miles. Solid night.

One quick question though... since Friday's 10pm-4am was screwed up, I know I'm probably not getting the bonus, but what about Saturday's 10pm-4am? I accepted all rides, worked like 11ish to 4am, so will I get whatever amount of time I was online for the hourly on Saturday?

Thanks.

You should be good for Saturday.

Crazy story. That sucks. Scary as hell hanging out down there also.

80sDude

Those are the rides I'm referring to Pete.. That should have been 60 Min Payout for such a long ride..

U for Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should be good for Saturday.

Crazy story. That sucks. Scary as hell hanging out down there also.
The hourly payments aren't showing up on the payment section at Uber.com. I'm guessing I messed up or Uber trying to screw me.

So far I'm 2 for 2 on getting screwed on hourly guarantee monies. At this point, I'm all for boost for guaranteed pay, literally, and ignoring every pool ride to hell.

Why did you just not go off likne when the cops showed up ??
I guess I wasn't thinking and everything happened so fast. That and I'm still not sure how hourly G works. I worked Saturday night 10pm-4am... I'm pretty sure I missed a pool ride, but I had 4 more, so I was at 4/5, above 80%. And all X was accepted. But nothing is showing up for this week's payment. Just $50 for 4 hours. Should be $107 if I get my 4hours of $34/hr. And 1.5 rph is bullsh*t. I want the 1 rph. Suburb hourly G is kinda tough sometimes. Especially when you're a noob, like me.

WestSubDriver

The hourly payments aren't showing up on the payment section at Uber.com. I'm guessing I messed up or Uber trying to screw me.

So far I'm 2 for 2 on getting screwed on hourly guarantee monies. At this point, I'm all for boost for guaranteed pay, literally, and ignoring every pool ride to hell.

I guess I wasn't thinking and everything happened so fast. That and I'm still not sure how hourly G works. I worked Saturday night 10pm-4am... I'm pretty sure I missed a pool ride, but I had 4 more, so I was at 4/5, above 80%. And all X was accepted. But nothing is showing up for this week's payment. Just $50 for 4 hours. Should be $107 if I get my 4hours of $34/hr. And 1.5 rph is bullsh*t. I want the 1 rph. Suburb hourly G is kinda tough sometimes. Especially when you're a noob, like me.
If you're checking on your app, always go deeper. When I look at my Weekly Earnings number on the Earnings page, it isn't there. However, when I drill deeper to the page with the full details my promotion $ are there. Online is quicker to be up to date. If not there, give it a couple more hours.

U for Uber

If you're checking on your app, always go deeper. When I look at my Weekly Earnings number on the Earnings page, it isn't there. However, when I drill deeper to the page with the full details my promotion $ are there. Online is quicker to be up to date. If not there, give it a couple more hours.
They ended up paying me 3.32 hours of the hourly G when I turned my app on at 12am and offline at 4am. I don't know why it's not at 4hours even. I just don't understand how anything works anymore. And if I'm going to be called out by cops every weekend night, then f this

WestSubDriver

They ended up paying me 3.32 hours of the hourly G when I turned my app on at 12am and offline at 4am. I don't know why it's not at 4hours even. I just don't understand how anything works anymore. And if I'm going to be called out by cops every weekend night, then f this
Did you use Destination Filter at all? Any rides done while on it don't count toward promotions or guarantees and perhaps the time doesn't count either.

U for Uber

No. I remember it being 2am and I had 9 rides already (I only needed 6 since I started at 12am and it was ending at 4am @ 1.5 rph) and I started to accept and wait it out for them to cancel... that's fair game, right? Doing that for an hour or so got my hella sleepy and maybe around 3:15, 3:30am I closed my eyes and if you aren't paying attention and haven't got a ping in a while, the app notifies you with a message asking if you want to stay online. That's probably where I went offline and I lost 0.68hours? SO dumb f uber x10000