Police at LAX/No Permits

Queenofthepak

The police are out in full effect at LAX. However almost every Uber I see either does not have a LAX permit, does not have the new trade dressing, or does not have two trade dressings: one in front and one in back window. Everybody is doing stupid stuff picking up passengers from areas they are not supposed to be picked up from and I personally will shed no tears for the cars that will be impounded this weekend because people are being stupid and doing dumb things that just make no sense.

Last edited:

tevee123

Question, I signed up for Uber literally the day before the new trade dress graphic change, and they gave me two of the old graphics. Do I need to get new ones or are those okay?

janewalch

Question, I signed up for Uber literally the day before the new trade dress graphic change, and they gave me two of the old graphics. Do I need to get new ones or are those okay?
You should be okay. I would head over to the uber office in Westwood on Tuesday when they reopen and get the new decals. They have them there.

Tedgey

The police are out in full effect at LAX. However almost every over I see either does not have a LAX permit, does not have the new trade dressing, or does not have two trade dressings: one in front and one in back window. Everybody is doing stupid stuff picking up passengers from areas they are not supposed to be picked up from and I personally will shed no tears for the cars that will be impounded this weekend because people are being stupid and doing dumb things that just make no sense.
Are you just talking about pickups or drops as well. Specifically, are the cops watching drops too or just looking at the pickups?

OC Lady Uber Driver

Yeah, stay the heck away from LAX unless you have your TCP authorization posted under the new Uber trade dress on the windshield or you can be subject to a $1,000 ticket.

Queenofthepak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you just talking about pickups or drops as well. Specifically, are the cops watching drops too or just looking at the pickups?
Yes, they are watching both. My LAX permit came loose on one side and was told to make sure I fixed it and tape it up there well before I come back in. At the same time I watched a gentleman picking up a pax not from a Rideshare stand, but from one of the middle doors, and the cop was just yelling at him to get the F out of the way. Then he saw the guy only had one dressing and no LAX permit, and told him to get out of the car. I kept going so I don't know what came of it.