Pokémon Go

madUber74

I didn't think it was possible for pedestrians to get worse, but never say never. Saw a dude playing Pokémon wander out into traffic and almost get smoked by an SUV today. Thanks, Nintendo

tohunt4me

They do it in New Orleans all the time.
Tourists looking up at buildings,natives looking down at cell phones.
On Bourbon Street drunks fall off the curbs.
Few nights ago,had a drunk walk right into my car .I was stopped, so absolutely 100% his fault.
So many sights,sounds,and distractions,I trust no one.

Poor guy got dragged 6 miles under a car New Years eve.Across the Mississippi River Bridge!
Video cameras everywhere.
Driver STILL hasn't been caught.
Driver went up the one ways at high speeds dragging the victem.cameras couldn't record his plate.

Video photo below of car speeding up the one way with victem beneath.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

This is one reason why I always type "jaywalk-ER-uh-pedestrians".

Here, we have many who jaywalk arrogantly and dare the motorists to hit them. Every once in a while, someone takes the dare. Sadly, often this happens when a parent is jaywalking with a child in tow. Guess what who walks and who winds up getting clipped? What makes it even more sad is that the dumb child can not be blamed for any of it. He is only doing what his parent tells him to do or simply following his parent's example. In fact, often the parent is holding the child's hand, but the child gets clipped and the parent walks.

To add to it, the spouse does not get angry with the other parent for jaywalking with the child in tow, the spouse gets angry with the motorist who did not see them as they were jaywalking.

To be sure, if I see a jaywalker, even an arrogant jaywalker, I do not hit him, if, for no other reason than my parents raised me better than that. Still, there are times when the motorist does not see the jaywalker(s) or can not stop in time. When I am on foot or on my bicycle, I do not press the point, as I find my self lacking in a desire to suffer the consequences of a motor vehicle's striking me. I will pass over the results of a METRObus' or a garbage truck's striking a pedestrian, for now, at least. Even a Smart Car that is travelling at 25 KpH can do some serious damage to a pedestrian or bicyclist.

simpsonsverytall

This is one reason why I always type "jaywalk-ER-uh-pedestrians".

Here, we have many who jaywalk arrogantly and dare the motorists to hit them.
DC has some of the nation's worst offenders.
They can't wait for the sign to change to "walk", so they put their noses to the sky, and head out towards the street!

It's kind of funny to see their astonished/offended faces as you confidently cruise through the intersection.

SEAL Team 5

I didn't think it was possible for pedestrians to get worse, but never say never. Saw a dude playing Pokémon wander out into traffic and almost get smoked by an SUV today. Thanks, Nintendo
Hell, when I started driving 16 years ago the pedestrians were still playing "Frogger" with traffic.