Inshur

Paczka08

Hi guys!
Do you have any advice for avoid or what i should to do with speed camera. I hire a car and yello camera made me picture and i recive letter today. Limit was 30 mph and i had 49mph.
So what i can expect?
Any one have similar experience.?

Coachman

Ski Free

Hi guys!
Do you have any advice for avoid or what i should to do with speed camera. I hire a car and yello camera made me picture and i recive letter today. Limit was 30 mph and i had 49mph.
So what i can expect?
What?

UberBastid

Move to the US. We don't have speed cameras
Ooooooh, don't be too sure about THAT.
I live in a relatively small town of less than 75k people and we have THREE of them.
And the city (in 2015) made over $1 mil from them.

In California, citizens should fight EVERY ONE of them. They are expensive (over $900 here) and they are EASY TO BEAT.
Google "fight red light ticket" and learn how.

I have fought and won a camera ticket.
In the USA we have the right to 'face our accuser'. These camera tickets won't hold up in court, you just have to stand up for your rights. Well, only the ones you want to keep anyway.

But, I don't know about London. I know that Europeans don't have as much rights as citizens of USA have and I suspect that you are screwed. (Unless you are a Muslim immigrant... then you're probably ok).

Durranee

If it is your first time you'll go speed awareness course
49 on 30, I highly doubt that.

Hi guys!
So what i can expect?

Fill the form up with correct info and send back. That's probably all you can do at the moment.

Anon2014

Hi guys!
So what i can expect?
Points and a fine but you must tell your insurance company immediately. Premiums will shoot up so you seriously need to re-think about your PH and find a different line of work.

Cabbie2B

Hi guys!
So what i can expect?
WizzAir and don't come back.

Volkswaber

Ooooooh, don't be too sure about THAT.
I live in a relatively small town of less than 75k people and we have THREE of them.
And the city (in 2015) made over $1 mil from them.

In California, citizens should fight EVERY ONE of them. They are expensive (over $900 here) and they are EASY TO BEAT.
Google "fight red light ticket" and learn how.

I have fought and won a camera ticket.
In the USA we have the right to 'face our accuser'. These camera tickets won't hold up in court, you just have to stand up for your rights. Well, only the ones you want to keep anyway.

But, I don't know about London. I know that Europeans don't have as much rights as citizens of USA have and I suspect that you are screwed. (Unless you are a Muslim immigrant... then you're probably ok).
What are you talking about??? Here in London we have 20/30mph speed limit. If you break the law there is not difference between immigrant or british, and than 50mph is 20 more than speed limit...you can fight for something like 30 to 33 but not 50 is dangerous in our streets and we have very small road in London.

If you fit a certain profile they will shoot you dead or beat you to a vegetative state
I think I am happy with the rights we have in Europe
And it's same for all!:smiles:

Hogster

WizzAir and don't come back.
Have you got shares in Wizzair Cabbie?:smiles:
To the OP - What did your letter say?

They ask you first to confirm if you were driver, or to name the driver at time of offence

Do they mention anything of a fixed penalty & 3 points or do they mention possibility of a court case?

Remember the new 3 levels of fines for speeding that came into law earlier this year

You’d be damn lucky only to get £100 & 3 points

Just checked the fine & points

4 to 6 penalty points and fine of up to 125% of your weekly pay if dealt with by means of a court case

You’d better start praying for a Fixed Penalty Notice instead