Please share some nasty comments from pax

waldowainthrop

A passenger doing a residential-to-residential suburban ride got in the car late and asked me how long I had been driving, and I knew they were giving me a hard time because they didn’t like me. She was the kind of person who is middle class and thinks working class people are pieces of shit. It was the way she said it: glib, condescending, judgmental. She clearly thought I was some 22 year old social reject who can’t drive (when I’m actually a pretty well-sorted person in my 30s). She was playing to her friend and it seemed as if she was talking to her friend about me, rather than to me.

So I said to myself “your honor, permission to treat the witness as hostile” and then matching her tone, said out loud “take a guess”. She hesitated because we both knew I had just called her out for being rude. She guessed hesitantly “I don’t know … two weeks?” And I told her “nah, more like three months and 700 rides. I partly do this gig for fun and meet a lot of interesting people while I work on building a business.”

She was quite a bit nicer after that because she could tell that I wouldn’t tolerate anyone talking down to me for no reason. I seriously would have kicked her out if she hassled me more, not as a point of pride but because the ride was a garbage low-paying trip anyway and I was pretty much doing it as community service. It was actually a pretty friendly ride subsequently, even though I had to hide how much disdain I have for people who are immediately judgmental toward strangers.

No rating hit, no tip, because that is the kind of person who probably doesn’t tip gig workers. I had a good laugh about it after. 😄

Last edited:

Dekero

Ohhhh I love those.... I tell them the biggest sob story I can make up.... My wife has cancer, my son was killed in a car wreck by an Uber driver.... I'm just doing this to pay for my dialysis and I just hope to be able to cover my car note this month.... Anything I can get away with to make her feel like a piece of shyt for even being alive....

waldowainthrop

Ohhhh I love those.... I tell them the biggest sob story I can make up.... My wife has cancer, my son was killed in a car wreck by an Uber driver.... I'm just doing this to pay for my dialysis and I just hope to be able to cover my car note this month.... Anything I can get away with to make her feel like a piece of shyt for even being alive....
I actually would have done that in that case but I knew she would be just as uncomfortable with someone being friendly to her since she didn’t have enough empathy to take a sob story seriously.

I have actually made passengers cry with true stories. Valid technique, although I didn’t do it with ill intent.

Last edited:

Merc7186

Screenshot_20200221-144345_Uber Driver.jpg

These people are just relentless.

The worst thing someone said to me was "Are you my Uber driver?" 😔

The Gift of Fish

A passenger doing a residential-to-residential suburban ride got in the car late and asked me how long I had been driving, and I knew they were giving me a hard time because they didn’t like me. She was the kind of person who is middle class and thinks working class people are pieces of shit. It was the way she said it: glib, condescending, judgmental. She clearly thought I was some 22 year old social reject who can’t drive (when I’m actually a pretty well-sorted person in my 30s). She was playing to her friend and it seemed as if she was talking to her friend about me, rather than to me.

So I said to myself “your honor, permission to treat the witness as hostile” and then matching her tone, said out loud “take a guess”. She hesitated because we both knew I had just called her out for being rude. She guessed hesitantly “I don’t know … two weeks?” And I told her “nah, more like three months and 700 rides. I partly do this gig for fun and meet a lot of interesting people while I work on building a business.”

She was quite a bit nicer after that because she could tell that I wouldn’t tolerate anyone talking down to me for no reason. I seriously would have kicked her out if she hassled me more, not as a point of pride but because the ride was a garbage low-paying trip anyway and I was pretty much doing it as community service. It was actually a pretty friendly ride subsequently, even though I had to hide how much disdain I have for people who are immediately judgmental toward strangers.

No rating hit, no tip, because that is the kind of person who probably doesn’t tip gig workers. I had a good laugh about it after. 😄
I fend off unwanted questions with, "ohhh..... I never talk about me"
I'm gonna one star you so fast you head's gonna spin, buddy!!
Not the one star spinning head! 🤯 NOOOoooooo!

TheDevilisaParttimer

Colon cancer? Pull out fake colonoscopy bag full of water and melted snickers 😂 "wanna hold it?"

mrpjfresh

Hmm, about a dozen drunks have made fun of my appearance, but it is never consistent. I've been Hansel (from Zoolander), Sammy Hagar, Trevor Lawrence, Chris Elliott (twice!) and my personal favorite, Viking scum. Outside of fair hair, I don't think they really have anything in common, so that's drunks for you.

I couldn't care less what random drunks think, but that's as obnoxious as I've gotten thankfully. Most people I drive are on vacation and in a good mood. But, no, never a mean girl comment in the app. Most riders probably think drivers can see who did that and can retaliate in some fashion. Heck, I've gotten one comment all new year with no change in my end, so I think Uber did something to make comments harder or less intuitive. Idk.

Dekero

It's not a comment... But I just had a passenger who came from the hood actually ask me if we could listen to Xm Christian Music.... I was actually blown away.... And what a great ride it turned out to be... That was quite inspiring.... Ok da NUTZ guy is showing his soft side.... Enough of that.... Back to business..... Forget these pax.... Lol

Another Uber Driver

[rectal aperture]
[gerundive of person who has an unnatural carnal relationship with a female parent][rectal aperture]
You don't speak English.
You're lazy.
"Both car and driver smelled like B.O." (I take a bath every day)
"Car smelled like cigaret smoke and Glade" (I gave up smoking in 1998)
"Driver did not know where he was going." (It was a two and one half mile trip from one address on Connecticut Avenue to another one)
"Air conditioning too cold."
"Homophobic driver"
"Unprofessinal; wouldn't stop and wait or do drive-through"