1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Please help me understand what just happened

Discussion in 'Surge' started by GrinsNgiggles, Oct 28, 2016.

1. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Don't drink and drive!! You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

Barbj379 and martnov like this.
  2. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous. I wouldn't drive if there weren't no-show fees in my market.

Lilmsmisses likes this.
  3. GrinsNgiggles

GrinsNgiggles Well-Known Member

Well gotta do what I gotta do... until I find a new full time job. I'm just supplementing unemployment benefits.

brendon292 likes this.
  4. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

And if your collecting Unemployment be careful they don't catch on and reverse the payments and hit you with large Bill and possibly fraud.......Uber is classified as self EMPLOYMENT...keyword employment....so you might be careful

Shangsta likes this.
  5. GrinsNgiggles

You're allowed to earn up to 25% of you unemployment benefits before they reduce your benefits. I report my earnings and stop driving once I hit that 25% :D

Bean likes this.

6. shiftydrake

Ok just cross your fingers and hope and pray they don't come after you like I posted above.....good luck

Shangsta likes this.
  7. GrinsNgiggles

Why would they? I tell them exactly how much I earn each week working part time for Uber. I understand how it works and I'm 100% honest with them. You can work part time and still be eligible for unemployment. Trust me, I don't eff around with the government

Barbj379 likes this.
  8. shiftydrake

I actually don't care what you do.....Just wishing you good luck destroying your car playing wannabe cab for 1/3 the pay for 3 times the bs......again good luck

Ms.Doe likes this.
  9. GrinsNgiggles

um ok... good luck to you as well. Sounds like you're quite bitter and need it more than I do.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    mrpjfresh, Shangsta and ColdRider like this.
  10. shiftydrake

I don't drive Uber never have...never will I actually know how much it takes to transport people....and I make it so no I'm not bitter. .why would I be?

11. GrinsNgiggles

Well now you're just contradicting yourself from your prior post "Just wishing you good luck destroying your car playing wannabe cab for 1/3 the pay for 3 times the bs. have a great day :) bye

12. shiftydrake

Contradicting myself? That's funny I read these posts about how Uber pays.....I am a true professional driver I drive a taxi..that is how I know what it costs.....but like I said good luck with whatever you do

13. Godwyn

Godwyn Member

LOL this guys says hes never driven for uber and never will, yet he is on an uber forum acting all butthurt. This is great haha

Anong, Danny3xd and Shangsta like this.
  14. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Grinsngiggles,

I was advised by a local veteran driver that if i'm in a surge area, and get a ping from outside the surge and more than 5 minutes away, log off and log back on. It's faster than waiting through 3 outside surge requests and getting put in "time out". My acceptance rate low for my market, so uber tells me (60%). What do I care? I am not aware of anyone being deactivated solely for a low acceptance rate.

15. GrinsNgiggles

Thanks for the tip! I actually tried that tonight and didn't work... kept getting non surge pings 10-12 minutes away. My acceptance rate was 86% this afternoon. Now it's 66% hahahaha I gave up again and am now home all cozy and warm :D

16. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you have a favorite surge "camping" spot, try changing it up. Stay in the surge area, but hang out in a different location.

GrinsNgiggles likes this.
  17. me2

me2 Active Member

Sorry but no cab cost $5 sorry and the cab drivers I know make 12-15 an hour not great but most day that what I make ubering even during a surge

18. NinjaCasper

NinjaCasper New Member

This is my biggest issue too. happens at least once a weekend when I'm sitting in a huge surge zone. I got into an email battle with Uber last weekend but it's near impossible to get answers since they have a new person respond each time, usually with generic Bull****.

It makes no ****in sense

19. Jim54729

Jim54729 New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I wish we could set a zone, or radius to how far away from us we would get a ping. living on border of Verona , I get trips 10 miles away with bad traffic just to drive them 3 miles, and then back 10 miles to my house. yes I prefer to keep localish. made 43 dollars in winter storm last night with only about 20 miles total from home to 3 trips and back home. all local. very nice. but first time ever.

20. Lilmsmisses

Lilmsmisses Well-Known Member

If the Riders drop the pins outside of the area but then tell you to come pick them up in the regular area you need to go to the areas of pandas in and wait for them. They can walk or they can change the location of the pins but do not under any circumstances go to a different location than the dropped pin.

grams777 likes this.