Please help me understand my rating 14 rated trips with 14 five stars = 4.79?

uberkit

Hi All, I have just started a week and two days ago my rating dropped to 4.79 but I don't fully understand how uber's calculation is being done. I have a total 21 trips, 14 rated trips, and 14 Five stars. Base on my math, I should have an average rating of 5 but the app shows me an average rating of 4.79. I understand if someone gave me less than five star ratings but then the app should show 16 rated trips with 14 Five stars right?

Newwber

Most folks will tell you not to worry about your ratings...... while I agree, that is frustrating to have to look at something like that!! One of the few things you can count on in life is math. 14 rated rides with 14 5* ratings will always equal a rating of 5.0. The only time it won't is when you plug in the "uber factor". They are an amazing technology company.... just look how well their app has worked in the last 24 hours :-)

uberkit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol amazing technology company.... my friend cannot login for the entire afternoon yesterday. I agree 4.79 and 5 doesn't make much different but its simple Math right... Now my rating is 4.80 with 15 rated trips and 15 Five star ratings.

Newwber

lol amazing technology company.... my friend cannot login for the entire afternoon yesterday. I agree 4.79 and 5 doesn't make much different but its simple Math right... Now my rating is 4.80 with 15 rated trips and 15 Five star ratings.
I'd love to see a screen shot of your phone with that info showing posted here........ I'm not saying I don't believe you..... but it would help solidify my outrage :-)

Instyle

Is there a start up incentive or sign on bonus? In AU they have incentives that are paid out after 20 or 50 trips depending on the state or incentive but the catch is driver must maintain an average of 4.8 or 4.9 and above to be eligable to collect payment.

Uber, you so sneaky :rolleyes:

novadrivergal

The app delays adding the non-5* ratings so you can't be sure which rider gave them to you. Sometimes it shows in your average before it gets added to the count.

Huberis

Hi All, I have just started a week and two days ago my rating dropped to 4.79 but I don't fully understand how uber's calculation is being done. I have a total 21 trips, 14 rated trips, and 14 Five stars. Base on my math, I should have an average rating of 5 but the app shows me an average rating of 4.79. I understand if someone gave me less than five star ratings but then the app should show 16 rated trips with 14 Five stars right?
Wouldn't worry about it one way or another. 21 trips is barely a days work. Not sure drivers care much about the rating system anymore, the vast majority if drivers working regularly sure don't. Since the lawsuit, and you are in CA, that component of Uber's framework should have taken a bit of a hit. It was always intended to control drivers and give both driver and pax a sense of agency, an ability to speak out in a way that meant something to the individual without meaning anything in particular. The exception to that being Uber's arbitrary line in the sand and their willingness to make an example of 10% of their regular driving force........

What you notice is probably a lag in their updates and not much more. It isn't worth an ounce of energy. Just drive.

ptuberx

Same here. I have had 268 trips in the last 3 weeks. I closely monitored my rating over the last week. All but one pax who rated me gave 5 stars. I saw my rating move down to a 4.71, and then creep to 4.75, and the math didn't work out for me either. By simple math, I should be over a 4.9, but obviously it is just not that simple.

wk1102

Did it get squared away?

I had a rider rate me a 1 by accident, he emailed to have it changed, had another one changed too but i dont think it was a one. It showed as a 5 star trip but my average never reflected the change. I went back and forth with them for weeks. My rating on my app and my actual rating are different by .02. If i email support and ask my rating, its .02 higher than what my app shows. Its been 4 months now.

Bad uber pro

Did it get squared away?

I had a rider rate me a 1 by accident, he emailed to have it changed, had another one changed too but i dont think it was a one. It showed as a 5 star trip but my average never reflected the change. I went back and forth with them for weeks. My rating on my app and my actual rating are different by .02. If i email support and ask my rating, its .02 higher than what my app shows. Its been 4 months now.
They dont have to email uber to change it, they can just go to history to change it. It only apply to us if we wanna change a rating to a passanger.