1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Please give of your wisdom

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Doug Orchard, Apr 25, 2018.

1. i currently drive X with a honda fit thinking of buying a new car would it be better business decision to by a prius so i cam work airport que or a Cadillac CSR so i cam work XL and Select as well as X?

Thank you all in advance for your mush needed advice.

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  2. You already have the perfect car.

Don't ruin it.

3. CJfrom619

CJfrom619

Driving:
    UberX
    Buying a new car and then doing rideshare seems like a mistake to me. Buying a used car for under 10k seems to be the best play if you plan on making a profit doing rideshare.

4. Which would you rather have ?

Suppose you were deactivated a Month after purchasing new car over a customers lies because you would not let their sheep dog eat tacos in your car

Which car would YOU rather be stuck with ?

P.S. - N.S.A. is now " investigating" why you are looking for " a way around Fort Lewis Security" . . . . .

( Mcchord is sending out a surveillance drone)

Attached Files:

5. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    The guys I know that drive vehicles that qualify for select and xl are making a lot more money than I am with my xl not only do the select rides pay more the customers that want a select vehicle tip better

6. New to me.

CJfrom619 and jgiun1 like this.
  7. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    More importantly, which car could you AFFORD if you couldn't drive rideshare?

8. jgiun1

jgiun1

I agree CJ....if you can get a car, three year or less loan and throw in a warranty for the big breaks down (engine- ******) golden rules to this if your sticking to X

tohunt4me and CJfrom619 like this.
  9. Maybe so.
    But how many tips do you have to get to make up the difference in the price of the car?

tohunt4me, dctcmn and CJfrom619 like this.
  10. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    The higher fares and increased tips better make up the difference in the price of the cars, or it dosent make sense to buy the more expensive car

Let’s assume 5 yo cars with 50000 miles costing $35000 and $10000
    And let’s further assume three years at 75000 miles a year and let’s assume no salvage value

So to recover the cost of the car in 3 years one driver will have to set aside $972 a month and the other driver $277 a month; a difference of $700 a month.

So your question becomes can an xl/select driver make $175 more a week than an x driver?

Yea I think so. My xl rides pay me about 50 cents a mile more than my x rides. So all i need to do is have 350 of my miles be xl or select

Doug Orchard and tohunt4me like this.
  11. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Keep overhead low. Buy cheapest car possible and run it into the ground. Base ☓ & XL do not provide enough income to justify buying a new car for either.

CJfrom619, tohunt4me and Cableguynoe like this.
  12. Is it really wise to make long term financial commitments to an on demand service?

tohunt4me and Showa50 like this.
  13. merryon2nd

merryon2nd

Driving:
    UberXL
    Find something cheap, and run it into the ground. Then get the Caddy just for you to use when you're not killing your other car and need to actually get somewhere for yourself.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. I drive a Fit. Great work vehicle for this. Should last for a few hundred thousand miles. Good gas mileage. No need to swap, as I see it. A Prius is better gas, but if you already have a solid vehicle, why would you change it?

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. Saltyoldman

Saltyoldman

Driving:
    UberX
    Let a sheep dog eat tacos!! So f***ing funny!!

Julescase and tohunt4me like this.
  16. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Termie and tohunt4me like this.
  17. Sounds like a plan. . . a Puke Free Caddy !

Julescase likes this.

18. Lolol "not let their sheepdog eat tacos in your car" lolol!!

Classic.

19. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Even if all this is correct, it still assumes that the entire situation remains the same throughout the coming few years. I.e, that Uber remains the same, rates remain the same, the drivers maintains access to the platform and that supply and demand for X/XL pings remains the same in a given area. All this leads me to think IMHO that it's a safer bet to stick with the car one already owns, than to go investing substantial amounts of money.

20. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    I agree the cheapest car to own is the one you already have.

reg barclay likes this.