Please enable live location on every trip!!!!

dnlbaboof

why doesnt uber do this by default!!!!! Privacy issues???? we already know the address................how many delays in pickups and stress because youre on the wrong side of a train station etc!!!! most riders dont know how to do it.........

dnlbaboof

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its also a safety issue, there was an incident recently where a lady got into a fake uber and was murdered recently because she was at a bar at 2am and her real driver couldnt find her and cancelled........her life would have been saved with live location as her first driver would have found her

Diamondraider

Live location is not accurate. Many pick ups show the pax still up the street when they are in the car.

I had one instance where we approached the DROP OFF and “live” was showing the pax outside the vehicle on the next block.

dryverjohn

GPS signals are often blocked in large cities by the buildings. In our downtown/uptown area. A pickup at Fuel PIzza on Tryon, is actually located an entire block away on College street. The building takes the whole city block, it gets confusing, even with live location Designated spots on specific streets in crowded areas would be better.

ANT 7

Works great at shopping malls and universities, as well as pretty much everywhere else but in a downtown full of skyscrapers.

Wildgoose

why doesnt uber do this by default!!!!! Privacy issues???? we already know the address................how many delays in pickups and stress because youre on the wrong side of a train station etc!!!! most riders dont know how to do it.........
I know it is so stressful. I just call rider and tell them to look at the app entire time and how my car is approaching to them or parking. I let them figure out where they should come.

dnlbaboof

live location is enabled by the rider shows you exact location of the rider, you can even see them waking towards you as it is in real time, so no long delays if youre in a office building etc....for me its pretty reliable and works well most of the time but most riders dont enable it

Ballermaris

Live location is not accurate. Many pick ups show the pax still up the street when they are in the car.

I had one instance where we approached the DROP OFF and “live” was showing the pax outside the vehicle on the next block.
Yeah the locations are not accurate. One pax I had to pickup was supposedly in the middle of a retention pond behind an apartment complex...

Trafficat

Live location has been horribly inaccurate for me. I used to go to the GPS man but more often than not the rider is not there. When I have called a passenger while waiting near the GPS man, sometimes blocks away from the pin drop, the passenger sometimes angrily tells me that they are at the actual pin drop location, forcing me to cancel the ride request to avoid a bad rating.

I only drive to pin-drops now and ignore GPS man on the map. Once the timer gets down pretty low I call the pax to ask if I'm at the right spot. The GPS man is only useful as a second place to check IF the passenger is in a good mood when I call them and they tell me they are not at the actual pin drop location... and also only on Uber, not Lyft. On Lyft I will only leave the pin drop to pick them up elsewhere if it is a guaranteed pickup... i.e. sober pax describing exact street corner he is standing on (not inside still waiting for the bar tab), and with a good attitude.

Lyft will NOT give you a cancellation fee if you wait 5 minutes by the GPS man. They ONLY give a cancellation fee if you wait 5 minutes near the pin drop. If you drive to the GPS man first, your cancellation fee will be denied for "choosing arrive too early" even if you are at the pin drop location 20 seconds later, or for "not being timely," if you let the clock run to 5 minutes before driving to the pin drop location. If you drive to the GPS man AFTER going to the pin drop, your cancel fee will also be denied for "leaving the area", even if you drive back to the pin drop after not finding him at the GPS man.

Only wait at pin drops.

If you aren't at the pin drop at the exact moment Lyft's navigation said you should be there (sometimes impossible in itself), and you aren't at the pin drop for the full 5 minutes, the cancel fee will be denied.

Last edited:

dnlbaboof

live location works most of the time, it sure helps in many situations, its better than not having any idea where they are