RedoBeach

Last 3 passengers in a row called me. I feel like I'm in LA again. What's with the resurgence of passengers calling drivers lately, are they all newbees? I can't find your arse when you call me, so please don't. That's why God invented texting.

uberhernder

I dont answer any calls. This week, pax asked me how come I didnt answer when he saw that I have a bluetooth earpiece on. Told them I used it for navigation purposes.

My take it is...I call them, they dont call me :smiles:

manuella

I ended up getting another phone, works better that way ,It's in the box hooked up to my car through Bluetooth ,I never see pax texts but I answer the calls.

soupergloo

oh my god, agreed! if I can't find you and find it worth my time to call you instead of no showing you, i'll call you when i'm at your inputted address .. pulled over in a safe location!!!

REX HAVOC

The last time I ignored a call from a pax the idiot cancelled on me 1 minute before I was to arrive at their destination. People today are so impatient.

RedoBeach

Passengers calling me when I'm navigating to them makes me hit the cancel button. If you put the wrong address in, that is your fault. Otherwise, I am quite capable of navigating to your pick up address without interference. I think Uber even says on the app now that drivers prefer not to be called.. It completely overrides ability to see the app. Not to mention, we're already dealing with 500 other distractions.

Max Weber

I used to have a dedicated phone for calls and another phone for the app/navigation but uber put the kibosh on that this month. now I'm forced to call from the same phone the app is running on.

RedoBeach

I used to have a dedicated phone for calls and another phone for the app/navigation but uber put the kibosh on that this month. now I'm forced to call from the same phone the app is running on.
They won't allow you to use a second phone? I thought a lot of drivers did that. What if you use a google voice number?

Max Weber

Not sure about Google voice. I had all the phone numbers stored in my contacts and would call that way instead of through the app. now if I try to do that I get an error message from my carrier. I had to swap the sim card with my other phone and call within app, even though its still the same intermediary phone numbers I had in my contacts.

RedoBeach

Not sure about Google voice. I had all the phone numbers stored in my contacts and would call that way instead of through the app. now if I try to do that I get an error message from my carrier. I had to swap the sim card with my other phone and call within app, even though its still the same intermediary phone numbers I had in my contacts.
I've noticed they keep changing the phone numbers on me often. I wish they wouldn't do that. It's a lot more convenient to be able to dial "Uber pax" contact or know who's calling me than go back and forth with the app.