• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Playoff day against Cardinals in Charlotte

Jam Val

Surges before the game were meh (because some drivers were offered guarantees) but after was great. Worked 9:45 and was home by midnight. 4 rides. I stopped when the surges did.

Jam Val

If you look at your driver app and rider app, you'll see a big delay between when a rider sees a surge and when we do.

Notnownc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you look at your driver app and rider app, you'll see a big delay between when a rider sees a surge and when we do.
Funny you mentioned that- I picked up a rider at Bojangles and I never knew there was a surge until after I dropped them off - I just thought I didn't see it- so the rider sees it before we do?

Jam Val

Funny you mentioned that- I picked up a rider at Bojangles and I never knew there was a surge until after I dropped them off - I just thought I didn't see it- so the rider sees it before we do?
Yes, unfortunately. And with the surge area disappearing from our app when it's really there is another annoying thing. Sometimes you have to close and reopen to see that the surge is really still there. I rely heavily on the rider app to see what's actually going on.

Notnownc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I check it too - I have an old smart phone that I use when near wireless connection- I will pay closer attention now- thanks for the info