Plattsburgh to Albany

arichard21

Plattsburgh to Albany I am currently a driver in Plattsburgh, we have a very narrow market here. Most of the business is weekend nights, bar crowd and college kids. It’s not bad, but if you want to make anything during the week there’s not much out there. I’ve contemplated driving down to Albany to work during the week on a random day off, would it be worth it? How about Uber eats? Is it in Albany and is it worth doing?

fwdmarch

I only drive part time in albany during the commute. I doubt it would be worth driving all the way from plattsburgh. There are fairly predictable surge patterns during the morning commute, but they are very short lived. No Uber eats in Albany.

1974toyota

Plattsburgh to Albany I am currently a driver in Plattsburgh, we have a very narrow market here. Most of the business is weekend nights, bar crowd and college kids. It’s not bad, but if you want to make anything during the week there’s not much out there. I’ve contemplated driving down to Albany to work during the week on a random day off, would it be worth it? How about Uber eats? Is it in Albany and is it worth doing?
Yeah, come on down, give it a try, what do you have to lose? JMO

arichard21

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m not afraid of traffic. I commuted I to Hartford and Boston for years and spend many days navigating Montreal traffic in my younger years. Traffic doesn’t intimidate me.

Rexi

albany traffic isn't bad honestly, the albany market is pretty decent, lots of short rides overall. Good thing about upstate is that you can drive to almost anywhere in the surrounding counties. Also there is uber eats and the y have decent promotions here just dont take mc donalds runs... the food is never ready, ever.

arichard21

So if I were to put in an 8 hour day doing both UberX and uberEats, any idea what I can expect to make?

Here in plattsburgh on a decent weekend I average $20 an hour, but that’s only during the peak weekend times of thurs-sat 10pm to 230am.

If I work a weekday I’ll be lucky to make $10 an hour.

1974toyota

So if I were to put in an 8 hour day doing both UberX and uberEats, any idea what I can expect to make?

Here in plattsburgh on a decent weekend I average $20 an hour, but that’s only during the peak weekend times of thurs-sat 10pm to 230am.

If I work a weekday I’ll be lucky to make $10 an hour.
Give it a month, let us know how you make out,JMO

arichard21

I plan on coming down tomorrow morning.

What’s the best neighborhood to hang out in?

What neighborhood to avoid?

Should I do Uber eats?

Should I do Lyft at the airport?

Rexi

I plan on coming down tomorrow morning.

What’s the best neighborhood to hang out in?

What neighborhood to avoid?

Should I do Uber eats?

Should I do Lyft at the airport?
Albany during the day, saratoga at nights if you down to make that long trip. Troy schenectady and Albany are good late Thursday Friday and Saturday nights.

I can’t really say much about eats, you get $4 from uber for every trip on top of the typical 2.50-300 u get for the delivery but if the possible wait time, especially at mcdonalds can make it not worth it at all.

Haven’t seen a bad neighborhood yet but maybe other drivers have.

Lyft airport runs are good, usually worth it especially if you know the arrival times of big airlines.

ROCuberguy585

Probably have a solid morning commute boom there but I wouldn't drive dead outside my market to get rides it'll kill your profit margin. You're talking about almost 5 hours round trip and somehow I doubt Albany is surge city. Your per hour is going to be well below minimum wage after your commute.

arichard21

Albany during the day, saratoga at nights if you down to make that long trip. Troy schenectady and Albany are good late Thursday Friday and Saturday nights.

I can’t really say much about eats, you get $4 from uber for every trip on top of the typical 2.50-300 u get for the delivery but if the possible wait time, especially at mcdonalds can make it not worth it at all.

Haven’t seen a bad neighborhood yet but maybe other drivers have.

Lyft airport runs are good, usually worth it especially if you know the arrival times of big airlines.
It will be just for the day tomorrow.

Would it be better to hang around wolf rd area or downtown?

Probably have a solid morning commute boom there but I wouldn't drive dead outside my market to get rides it'll kill your profit margin. You're talking about almost 5 hours round trip and somehow I doubt Albany is surge city. Your per hour is going to be well below minimum wage after your commute.
I’m not looking to get rich. Just looking for a different experience than plattsburgh.

If I waste the day, it’s just one day.

Our market right now is awful with college out. If I work 10 hours I’ll be LUCKY to bank $100.

ROCuberguy585

I sincerely do hope you get the experience you're looking for. I just know that several Buffalo and Rochester guys have gone down to Ithaca because it is surge city during the school year and they make good money but figure that once they factor in the 2 hours down and then back it's no more per hour than a Rochester Saturday night.

arichard21

I sincerely do hope you get the experience you're looking for. I just know that several Buffalo and Rochester guys have gone down to Ithaca because it is surge city during the school year and they make good money but figure that once they factor in the 2 hours down and then back it's no more per hour than a Rochester Saturday night.
Yeah I get that. Plattsburgh has so little business now with so many drivers. Last night guys were out for 5 hours and got 3 rides. I’d be lucky to get 10 rides in 10 hours.

Even if I make $200 in 16 hours, it’s still $200 I didn’t have by staying here.

arichard21

I went down yesterday. I wouldn’t call or a success or failure. I make about $150 from 11am to 830pm.

I did a mix of Uber and Lyft, just kind of floated around the city. I did go to the airport and after waiting in the queue for almost 2 hours I got a long trip to Hudson.

If I could repeat the money, I think it would be worth it to come down there again.

Rexi

i'm not gonna lie man, i've been tracking ithaca and that shit is surge city it looked like

I went down yesterday. I wouldn’t call or a success or failure. I make about $150 from 11am to 830pm.

I did a mix of Uber and Lyft, just kind of floated around the city. I did go to the airport and after waiting in the queue for almost 2 hours I got a long trip to Hudson.

If I could repeat the money, I think it would be worth it to come down there again.
thats a decent day considering you weren't here for the morning commutes. downtown is a good spot after like 1:30 to evening. wolf road area is alright but downtown would net you better overall.