Plastic Surgery Meltdown

Queenofthepak

Hi All!

I had my first odd experience yesterday. I took a PAX to the address she entered in the app, which was in Westwood (an area in Los Angeles). It was rush hour traffic, and took about 40 minutes to get there. As we are arriving, she calls the Dr. office (which was final destination) and they tell her they can't see her. She starts screaming and throwing a fit. Meanwhile, we have arrived, it's in a location I cannot legally double park or let her out, Uber keeps sending me pick up requests: 5 back to back, PAX won't get out of the car.

Turns out, she got filler injections, that she was having an allergic reaction to, and her face was swollen like a watermelon! The office I took her too is where she got it done, but they could not help her they said. She's scream and crying and saying she can't get out of the vehicle looking like she does, and changes the address for her final destination to another plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. I took her there, but had missed 6 Uber requests. I emailed Uber about the incident, but have not received a response.

Is there another way I could have handled this? Will this affect my acceptance rate with Uber?

tohunt4me

Hi All!

I had my first odd experience yesterday. I took a PAX to the address she entered in the app, which was in Westwood (an area in Los Angeles). It was rush hour traffic, and took about 40 minutes to get there. As we are arriving, she calls the Dr. office (which was final destination) and they tell her they can't see her. She starts screaming and throwing a fit. Meanwhile, we have arrived, it's in a location I cannot legally double park or let her out, Uber keeps sending me pick up requests: 5 back to back, PAX won't get out of the car.

Turns out, she got filler injections, that she was having an allergic reaction to, and her face was swollen like a watermelon! The office I took her too is where she got it done, but they could not help her they said. She's scream and crying and saying she can't get out of the vehicle looking like she does, and changes the address for her final destination to another plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills. I took her there, but had missed 6 Uber requests. I emailed Uber about the incident, but have not received a response.

Is there another way I could have handled this? Will this affect my acceptance rate with Uber?
Get to know a few lawyers.
Arrange referral fees.
Hand her lawyers card.
Tell her "we can go there now !"

wk1102

Hi All!

When you realized she wasnt getting out or that you couldnt accept a trip, change the address in the app to something not close to you. Just type San Francisco or something. The stacked pings will stop.

You can even accept the ping then change then change the address of the current trip and it will send your stacked ping to someone else

zandor

Get to know a few lawyers.
Arrange referral fees.
Hand her lawyers card.
Tell her "we can go there now !"

Can't do that. Well, you can (assuming you're not a lawyer), but the lawyer can't. Solicitation is an ethics violation. Lawyers can't solicit clients in a "real time" conversation with a few exceptions, and having a 3rd party do it for them counts. The main exceptions are existing clients, family members, and other lawyers.

Queenofthepak

When you realized she wasnt getting out or that you couldnt accept a trip, change the address in the app to something not close to you. Just type San Francisco or something. The stacked pings will stop.

You can even accept the ping then change then change the address of the current trip and it will send your stacked ping to someone else
Thank you so much for the info. Now I know.

thomas1955

Hi All!

Yea, tell her the ride is over, you don't care how ugly she is, get out of my car or your going to get uglier. your going to get a 1* from this witch, why prolong the hell she put you in, rides over, GTFO.

Oscar Levant

Hi All!

You made the best of a terrible situation . chalk it off to bad luck and move on.

5 Star Guy

Lady, you need to get to a hospital with a reaction like that. The dr should have checked for a reaction by having her wait longer. He probably doesn't have anything to treat it besides an over the counter remedy, which apparently doesn't work for dog allergies. :rolleyes:

renbutler

With all these crazy stories this weekend...there must have been a full moon somewhere!

Our moon's phase is the same no matter where you are on Earth. And, no, it wasn't full on Friday.

BTW, crazy crap happens all the time, with no relation to the moon phase.

Then again, it's possible you didn't mean this literally. :wink: