• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Planning to start part time uber driver with minivan - Tips & fees information

James00007

Hi,

I am planning on joining Uber with my minivan soon in DALLAS TX and not aware on fee and how much uber charge

Can somebody help me understand with an example?

Ex: If I take a trip with UberXL that costs customer total of $45 for 9 miles. How much does Uber takes from this and how much does uber leaves with me in my hand?

Appreciate your response, that makes me decide on my next steps.

andaas

With the example you gave (9 miles); and estimating that distance taking 20 minutes to drive after pickup, the gross fare would be $19.65; nowhere near $45.

Here's the net fare breakdown for UberXL

$19.65
- 1.00 (Safe ride fee)
- 5.22 (28% commission to Uber from $18.65)
---------
$13.43 (Gross earnings)

James00007

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.

1) Is there any fee I need to pay to enter into Uber driving?
2) Is there a minimum hours that I need to work once I signup with Uber? i.e. If I decide NO to drive for a month in between, is that ok with Uber?
3) I have a minivan, so my ride(s) is always billed for UberXL or flexible to go down to UberX or UbserSUV?
4) How does Uber Pay? is it one time monthly ?what is the pay frequency?

thanks a lot for replies.

Teksaz

1) No
2) No
3) XL and X Make sure Uber knows that's what you want to do
4) I think it's every Thursday. Auto deposit

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
2) is actually yes. It's in the Uber/Driver contract that you will do at least one trip a month. If you get deactivated, just simply asking to be reactivated when you want to start driving again only take 48 hours, and you are active again.

Teksaz

I went better part of three months and never got deactivated for not driving. Maybe different in other markets, I guess.

CTCharlie

In exchange for your access to and use of the Software and Service, including the right to receive the Requests, you agree to pay to the Company a fee for each Request accepted, in the amount of 20% for uberX, 28% for uberXL, and 25% for uberSELECT of the total fare minus the $1 Safe Rides Fee, calculated pursuant to the rate schedule below.

I don't thing the commission schedule has changed.
You mean it hasn't changed yet in Dallas, right?

Apparently, in other cities around the country new drivers are coming on at 25% commission as of a few days ago, but existing drivers are staying at 20%.