1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Plan to try lyft

Discussion in 'Stories' started by kyle0608, Nov 8, 2018.

1. kyle0608

kyle0608

I have been driving uber for one year. I have a high rating all the time. But now, I'm going to try lyft. There are some reasons.

Uberpool is getting even worse. They changed the pool recently, ask the riders to walk to pickup location, and walk to destination after dropoff. Some riders complain, but uber is not responsible for that at all. They do this because they can find more riders for a pool.

The service of uber is so terrible in airports. If you try to find a rider in airport, you have to wait for 2 hours, then you may get a request less than 10 dollars. I hear from one of my friends that lyft is much better than uber.

I got a mail saying uber is testing a new app named uber pro. If that is online, the normal partners will not get any promotion, unless they can reach gold. Yes I believe I can reach that, but I don't like they put more pressure on their partners.

So maybe it's time to try another one.

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Good Luck on Your Future Endeavors.

freddieman and Merc7186 like this.
  3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Nothing beats doubling down on misery! :D

4. Just reject Pool and Pool Express rides.

Don't worry about Uber Pro shenanigans. Just drive as you always have.

I do both primarily to stay as busy as I can and sometimes one might pay a little extra bonus/incentive better than the other. In my market, Lyft often has a better incentive.

However, $2500>$1000

AzAppDriver likes this.
  5. kyle0608

kyle0608

Uber will track cancel rate again after uber pro is online.

I think I will do both first abd watch which is better.

6. You need a new friend.

Uber's Guber and Over/Uber like this.
  7. kyle0608

kyle0608

He is driving both, lyft more than uber. Maybe it's different in differnt cities, but I never hear from someone uber is better in nyc.

8. They monitor cancel rate now, even though Pro isn't system-wide. A high cancel rate is one reason why they may deactivate a driver.

But, I'm not talking about canceling a ride once accepted, I'm talking of rejecting a ride before accepting. Pings are labeled as Pool so you, as a adriver, have a heads up about the type of ride it is, and can reject it. Uber and Lyft won't deactivate you for a low acceptance rate.

9. They both have their eventual downfalls. It'll be up to you to determine which one suits you best.

10. kyle0608

kyle0608

Thank you for you advice. I am rejecting the pool as much as possible. But you know in off-peak hours there are not many uberx rides.

they just say lyft is better in airports. at least in nyc, i n jfk, I believe that is very true. about other areas, I need to try after I have lyft account.

11. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Him, I have the clap already, let me see if I can get herpes!

BikingBob and Uber's Guber like this.
  12. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    Here is some small market perspective. Today I had two identical rides from a local hotel to the airport. Lyft paid me $14. Uber paid $20. Probably varies market to market, but Lyft is catching on here and the last month I have had far more Lyft rides than Uber rides.

13. kyle0608

kyle0608

yes, that's true. I always pickup riders from the city to the airport, but I never wait in the airport. maybe you can get more riders in the city via uber. But if I can get 2 riders from nyc to CT in the airport via lyft, why I try to get 15 riders in the city via uber?

14. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Makes sense.... if a pax can take Lyft instead of Uber to the airport and save $6, Lyft requests will increase.
    Next week, Uber will slash rates again to compete for those lost customers. :rolleyes:
    And the driver be damned!

15. kyle0608

kyle0608

agree. nothing is best in all respects. so we should try all of them.

16. freddieman

freddieman

How would u know? ur too busy on a Lyft ride to found out if uber is pinging.

17. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    Unlike larger markets, there are rarely any back to back or stacked pings here. Usually there is a long wait between rides, and I have both apps running during the wait. For the last few weeks, Lyft has most often been the first ping. After that ride, I immediately reactivate Uber.

This was not the case earlier this year. For many months, Uber rides were much more plentiful.

18. Ziplock

Ziplock

Sorry to hear that your leaving uber, I might suggest that you run both apps Go where demand is. I drive for Uber in a large city the demand is twice if not more then Lyft. And yes there's been changes on App,pay,rewards But at first change is hard. But if you try running both apps give the new uber a try. You might work less harder for the same pay has before. Either way Best of luck to you.