placement uber dress code for the rear

vietromez

What do you guys do when you have dark / limo tints in the rear window? where do you guys place the uber logo?

edit: I just got a magnet for the uber logo. dont want to deal with the $1000 fine. lol

Last edited:

NASCAR1991

You place it back of the window.
Its there its not your problem no one sees it.
Placing it outside of the car...someone can jack it.

Its like those cars with bike racks covering plates. Plates are still there...just cant see them.
Play dumb.

Ignoranamous

What do you guys do when you have dark / limo tints in the rear window? where do you guys place the uber logo?

edit: I just got a magnet for the uber logo. dont want to deal with the $1000 fine. lol
Do you have a white car? I think I saw you on 101 today lol.

sam387

What type of magnet are you using?

vietromez

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What type of magnet are you using?

I just brought a magnet today on Amazon. 6in magnet with the uber logo. Im planning to get some strong magnet strips to place it on the inside of the rear windshield, so the uber logo can stick on the glass together? if that makes sense lol.

sorry, cant post the links since im too new on this forum.

Papa Sarducci

I didn't know Uber had a dress code, I would imagine your rear needs to be covered though, no assless chaps allowed.

Euius

You place it back of the window.
Its there its not your problem no one sees it.
Placing it outside of the car...someone can jack it.
While I agree that outside the car is a bad idea, the regulation states it must be easily visible at 50 feet in daylight

Anything less is a $1000 fine. Its CPUC agents doing enforcement as well, good luck lying your way out if it

Yomann

I did not want to put the new Uber stickers directly on my windshield, so I did the following:
Got 5" diameter clear acyclic discs from Tab Plastics.
Applied the Uber sticker on to the back of the discs.
Then used a metal plate and magnet combo commonly used for employee badges.
Taped the metal plate to the windshield.
Glued the magnet to the front side of the disc.
Now, I can take the signage off anytime I am not working.

Ignoranamous

I did not want to put the new Uber stickers directly on my windshield, so I did the following:
Got 5" diameter clear acyclic discs from Tab Plastics.
Applied the Uber sticker on to the back of the discs.
Then used a metal plate and magnet combo commonly used for employee badges.
Taped the metal plate to the windshield.
Glued the magnet to the front side of the disc.
Now, I can take the signage off anytime I am not working.
Do they not peel off like the others?

Yomann

Do they not peel off like the others?
Not in my experience.
Since the sticker is not directly on the windshield, rather on the acyclic disk, it does not get as hot from the sun.
Also, is not exposed to glass cleaner solution, while cleaning the inside of the windshield.

NASCAR1991

While I agree that outside the car is a bad idea, the regulation states it must be easily visible at 50 feet in daylight

Anything less is a $1000 fine. Its CPUC agents doing enforcement as well, good luck lying your way out if it
Yup so they can take pictures of you from a mile away and send tickets.

Lost In Translation

GUYS! The stickers go on the OUTSIDE of the window, with the word UBER visible. I was at SFO staging today and 95% of you are doing it wrong. The instructions are clear. Mount it on the outside. If someone jacks it (can't imagine why, though), get another one from Uber, they are free.

AGAIN, if I look at your car from outside and see only the Chinese Coin logo, you have not followed instructions and you could be fined $1,000.

manuella

GUYS! The stickers go on the OUTSIDE of the window, with the word UBER visible. I was at SFO staging today and 95% of you are doing it wrong. The instructions are clear. Mount it on the outside. If someone jacks it (can't imagine why, though), get another one from Uber, they are free.

AGAIN, if I look at your car from outside and see only the Chinese Coin logo, you have not followed instructions and you could be fined $1,000.

I couldn't figure it out for sure so I went with the lyft sign for the back but thanks for clearing things up a little bit better
I will make an uber sign for the back I wonder if anyone will bother me if I make it a little smaller ? that thing is huge

Euius

The CPUC requires they be visible from 50 ft in daylight.

Nothing else is a requirement. Inside or outside will depend on the tint

Working and Driving

Wrong! Re-read the directions that came with the trade dress, it clearly says the logo faces outside. Also, here's a link to the CPUC website showing examples of correct Uber trade dress placement. http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/uploadedFile...ortation_Network_Companies/Rasier_6.20.16.pdf

g

NASCAR1991

Lmao...they will jack urs cuz someone jacked theirs

Police will jack it and give u a ticket