• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Placards

Wex

Unless it's just over the bridge, Jersey rides are mostly money losers.....so I'm with you....
Jersey is only good if they include a rebound to philly. I've had a few other random good days.

I also have never declined someone a ride once they were in my car but Jersey will definitely be one of them.
Post automatically merged:

I guess you can print them out once they're ready actually.

Last edited:

Phil Lee

I offered to help Uber with the IDM after they passed that law. They were working things out with NJ. There were a lot of privacy preserving approaches, but I don’t think they used them.

anteetr

I dont think this will change anything for those of us that don’t advertise, but i have a strong feeling this will matter to the revenue generators masquerading as public servants in blue uniforms in Jersey’s beach communities. Those ass holes look for any excuse to raise revenue in order to justify their continued unnecessary employment as armed municipal tax collectors. This new regulation is a fat hanging curve out over the middle of the plate for them.

Stray cat

Look, I feel badly about that girl from NJ who got killed in SC, but this is dumbest thing ever. They have our make,model and color of car/license #/picture. Why do they need a 4th thing to verify? Check the 1st 3 and you're good.

Sorry for preaching to the choir. I just needed to vent.
I agree with you. The other night, I had a girl make a spectacle by walking to the front of my car to confirm it’s a Honda and then walk around back to confirm my plate before she opened my back door to say her name. One day, I’ll pull away and cancel someone doing that dog and pony show.

Wex

I agree with you. The other night, I had a girl make a spectacle by walking to the front of my car to confirm it’s a Honda and then walk around back to confirm my plate before she opened my back door to say her name. One day, I’ll pull away and cancel someone doing that dog and pony show.
She might have thought you had a plate on the front if she's from jersey lol

ANThonyBoreDaneCook

I do this all the time.
They notice the color of my car, they check the plate, they make eye contact and see my face. If they ask me "who are you here for?" in a suspicious tone I simply say a different name, drive around the block, park, ignore all phone calls and cancel for no-show.
Try again Maaeehhhghan
Post automatically merged:

Look, I feel badly about that girl from NJ who got killed in SC, but this is dumbest thing ever. They have our make,model and color of car/license #/picture. Why do they need a 4th thing to verify? Check the 1st 3 and you're good.

Sorry for preaching to the choir. I just needed to vent.
Dead drunk white girls make the world go round

mch

I'm gonna have no choice but to put this garbage on my car. I can't wait to see how big and obnoxious looking it is.

ANThonyBoreDaneCook

Also as drivers we should be engaging in "Pin Number Shaming"
When the pax has a pin that needs to be exchanged in order to start the ride, we should be shitting all over the process and instructing them on how to turn off the pin verification setting in the app.
Most of them agree that it's idiotic and turn it off.

TheFakeDeal

The criminals can still print out the placards and put them on the car. That's just a stupid law to please the libtards who may want to ban all knives because knife could kill people. too.
I think the NJ government does not give a shit about your well-being, they just use this as a reason to identify rideshare drivers, so that the cops can maximize their income.

DelaJoe

I must say the reaction by drivers to this is pretty disappointing. Giving a customer a safe ride is very important part of rideshare. If putting a unique QR code on a window sticker is all you have to do then just do it. Even if this saves one life it is worth it. I am ashamed sometimes to see the comments posted in here from fellow drivers. Imagine if the girl that got killed was your daughter or niece.

We made changes in this country after 9/11 and their were a lot of complaints. But has a terrorist taken an airplane down in the USA since? No.

I agree, any security measure can be cracked. But to me it is better to add more measures that make our passengers feel more safe and secure. That will help our business in the long run. Hopefully technology will allow us someday to send a signal between our phone and the passengers phone to confirm a pickup. But that gets sticky too since sometimes the phone requesting the car is not the same as the passenger.

mch

I must say the reaction by drivers to this is pretty disappointing. Giving a customer a safe ride is very important part of rideshare. If putting a unique QR code on a window sticker is all you have to do then just do it. Even if this saves one life it is worth it. I am ashamed sometimes to see the comments posted in here from fellow drivers. Imagine if the girl that got killed was your daughter or niece.

We made changes in this country after 9/11 and their were a lot of complaints. But has a terrorist taken an airplane down in the USA since? No.

I agree, any security measure can be cracked. But to me it is better to add more measures that make our passengers feel more safe and secure. That will help our business in the long run. Hopefully technology will allow us someday to send a signal between our phone and the passengers phone to confirm a pickup. But that gets sticky too since sometimes the phone requesting the car is not the same as the passenger.
The Patriot act is complete garbage. I make it a point to try and do all my masturbating in front of my smart TV in my basement in case big brother is watching.

Do you not understand that a placard would not have saved that girl's life?

Wex

Dude if that was my daughter I'd be bummed she just got in some random car and didn't use the 3 or 4 identifiers they have to get in the correct car. I'm ashamed to live in a country where it's okay to get that intoxicated you can't use any critical thinking skills.