Pings timing out

Tenner28

Hello people, is anyone else having issues with the pings timing out despite accepting them ? I have been facing this issue for the past few days and the worst part is the acceptance rate is going against me despite accepting the job. I contacted Uber support but they are unable to provide an answer.

LevelX

worst part is the acceptance rate is going against me
No its not. Uber doesn't care about the acceptance rate anymore. You can't be deactivated for not accepting jobs.

So unless you're chasing some Ubereats incentives based on acceptance, don't stress too much.

is anyone else having issues with the pings timing out despite accepting them
No been all good for me.

Have you tried the standard things, power off your phone and back on again?

Uber support will also tell you to delete the partner app and install it again, so try that too.

Punkdriver

Hello people, is anyone else having issues with the pings timing out despite accepting them ? I have been facing this issue for the past few days and the worst part is the acceptance rate is going against me despite accepting the job. I contacted Uber support but they are unable to provide an answer.
Pretty normal mate. Don't stress out. It could be for any reason;

1) Uber assigned job to some other nearest driver though you already accepted it. It happened sometime but not so often.
2)Customer cancelled the job while Uber was searching a car for him. Job came and then disappeared.
3) Ping timeout in the system.
4) anyother reason you can think of.

But this is normal and happen sometime. In last week probably 2-3 times happened with me

Graham J

I used to get it sometimes when I had a crappy phone. I would turn it off and on about three times a shift when things started to go slow. Since upgrading my phone no problems. I've also seen it when the pax requests and cancels before you see the ping. Good luck with Uber "Support" because that is a contradiction in terms

Tenner28

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys..I had done the usual power on and off earlier and have now done the reinstall bit as well.. Outside factors could be at play..Thanks for the perspectives

LevelX

1) Uber assigned job to some other nearest driver though you already accepted it. It happened sometime but not so often.
No they don't.

2)Customer cancelled the job while Uber was searching a car for him. Job came and then disappeared.
3) Ping timeout in the system.
4) anyother reason you can think of.
More like these issues.

Thanks guys..I had done the usual power on and off earlier and have now done the reinstall bit as well.. Outside factors could be at play..Thanks for the perspectives
Check power saving settings and add the partner app to the bypass list. Some phones shutdown data to save power, so could be the issue.

Normally if the screen is on, they don't. So do you leave your screen on?

Tenner28

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes I do leave the screen on. Ping time out in the system seems to be the most probable cause.

PTB

I am seeing Pings timing out today as well, even though I am tap, tap, tapping on the screen in an attempt to accept the trips.
maybe UBER latest update created this issue?
I am upgrading to IOS 9.3.3 on the iPAD now

LevelX

I am seeing Pings timing out today as well, even though I am tap, tap, tapping on the screen in an attempt to accept the trips.
maybe UBER latest update created this issue?
Seems to be a back end issue. Noticed ending trips today would sit and wait for ages.....