Ping in another country

Aredubya

Got a ping from tijuana today. Canceled after realizing it was across the border.
Emailed uber to get credit.
I wonder if they'll cough up the dough. Doubt it.

DriverX

Gotta love those TJ tunnel pick ups. What's the over under on kilos of cocaine hauled from the border by unwitting uber drivers to date.

500 seems reasonable.

Aredubya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be careful if you are at the CBX. Those are good pings because they request while they are walking.

I call first then cancel.
This was at the end of 905. I assumed it was at the crossing. Luckily I found the u-turn before the checkpoint.

SD Momo

I live really close to the border, I done more than 50 rides just fom the CBX, a lot more from the OT Entry, and SY Entry.

The only time I received a ping from Tijuana it was more than a year ago. I was close to the OT Entry when I received a ping from Ejido Chilpancingo. I drive east to the ping, I had to stop at the CHP Facility and cancel. :frown:

I hear from drivers all the time, getting pings across the border. Only once happened to me.

San Diego X

I have major cellular issues near CBX/Otay area. My phone drops Sprint and tries to join Moviestar (I think), once that happens I have zero data. Uber App won't load up and I've had to drive for miles with a pax in my vehicle before my phone would rejoin Sprint network and start the trip.

SD Momo

I have major cellular issues near CBX/Otay area. My phone drops Sprint and tries to join Moviestar (I think), once that happens I have zero data. Uber App won't load up and I've had to drive for miles with a pax in my vehicle before my phone would rejoin Sprint network and start the trip.
Years back, I had Sprint. I live near the border and that happened to me a lot. Just turn off roaming, forced your phone to stay on Sprint network. After I did that on several phones I was able to get Sprint signal while on line at the Mexico side of the port of entry.

After Sprint, I had Boost. Same company same network. Then 2 years ago I change to TMobile. The happiest I ever been with a communications company. Excellent customer service, great prices, great reception, great tuesday freebies. :smiles:

San Diego X

Years back, I had Sprint. I live near the border and that happened to me a lot. Just turn off roaming, forced your phone to stay on Sprint network. After I did that on several phones I was able to get Sprint signal while on line at the Mexico side of the port of entry.

After Sprint, I had Boost. Same company same network. Then 2 years ago I change to TMobile. The happiest I ever been with a communications company. Excellent customer service, great prices, great reception, great tuesday freebies. :smiles:
Thanks, I'll try that!