Ping from a 4.13 PAX

Tom2828

Got yesterday, was surging and close.
He texted me that he's on his way down...

My timer hit 5 minutes so I collected my 8$

Almost missed surge because of him

LevelX

I got a 3.95 one the other night.... It was a surge job, so I accepted it. Mostly to see what a 3.95 star rated pax would be like...... Gotta live on the edge some times.

Well I got there, and pax was waiting. So a great start. Person jumps in, it was a lady, but a guys name on booking. Confirmed name/booking etc. She said yeah her brother had booked a Uber for her to go home. No worries, so off we go.

She was a great pax, no issues at all! So in this case, I lucked out in seeing what a 3.x pax would be like. Oh well.

Tom2828

I gave 1 star for new Uber rider.
I wonder if Uber will show his rating next time he'll try to book one -:smiles:

LevelX

I gave 1 star for new Uber rider.
I wonder if Uber will show his rating next time he'll try to book one -:smiles:
Why? Did they do something to earn that 1*?

If its their first trip, a 1* would give them a average rating of 3*.

Tom2828

Why? Did they do something to earn that 1*?

If its their first trip, a 1* would give them a average rating of 3*.
They did whatever they could to get 1 star:
Booked in cbd late night where no stopping zone, come late, needed to wait for few more mates, where drunk, noisy, use aux cable, water ext...

Average of 1 star is 1 star. The 5 tge rider or driver has as there initial rating is not counted

LevelX

They did whatever they could to get 1 star:
Booked in cbd late night where no stopping zone, come late, needed to wait for few more mates, where drunk, noisy, use aux cable, water ext...
Yeah fair enough.... But late night time CBD jobs often equal drunks. So you shouldn't be too surprised!

LevelX

Yikes.... did you raise it that he was a 1.2x pax or just ignore it...... Gotta wonder some times how they get so low!

Tom2828

Yeah fair enough.... But late night time CBD jobs often equal drunks. So you shouldn't be too surprised!
Now I know and try to avoid it. Usually don't work late night but I tried and it was really bad compared to early evenings

NickyBoy

first time rider for me got a 1.. married couple, she asks me to stop, he opens door & spews ... does this twice, wont get out to spew even though I asked him too :mad:

No spew inside car, but a bit of splash along the door seal on the outside, still, the prick should have got out

Then at the end of ride she says I'll give you 5 if you give me a 5 :confused: You get a 1, if I could give a zero you'd get that, but I can't. so you get 1

joffie

LOL I got a pickup request for a 4.4 25 min away in Mulgrave and I was in Ringwood. For a laugh I accepted hoping he/she would cancel.

Lucky.. they did :p:biggrin:

LevelX

LOL I got a pickup request for a 4.4 25 min away
It was the morning of LOOOONG pings... Got booted out 3-4 times, let at least 12 jobs 'ping out'. Long pings or 'station' pickups. Nope not driving 8 mins to pick you up from the station to drive 4 mins to work for $4.80 - GST

Did a rough calc in my head, acceptance rate was pretty poor. sub 50% today, but who cares any more!

Also had a enough of these station/bus stop runs in the morning in the otter burbs. Had a few of them today. Not as easy to spot like a ping for a 'station' pickup is. Lucky one bus stop run was 3 mins ETA, but the fare was only 4 mins long. Not a total loss.

Seriously thinking of NOT going online until I'm more inner suburbs in the morning. Seems the days of picking up a airport or city fare first up are gone. Haven't had one for ages from the outer burbs, the risk of 'train/bus' runs is now too great. Uber has become too cheap that for $6 I don't want to walk in the cold to the bus/train stop.

Also was smack in the middle of the burwood 3.x surge this morning after a drop off. Thought... finally, a decent paying fare. 10 mins online in the surge, not one ping! The surge slowly died out. FML betwen this uber surge and long ping crap is taking all the fun out of it.

Anyhow Wednesday didn't disappoint, always my worst earning day of the week and today was no different.