Pin Placement Issues?

Webster614

Started noticing that the app is screwing up pick up and droff off locations. Last night had a PAX request to be picked up at 220 Arch. Got to the location, rider notified. He called me immediately. He said he isn't sure how it happened, but he was actually over at 3rd and Market.

I've noticed a lot the Pin placement is a mess lately. Also noticing (and this could be a Google Maps issue) that my drop off locations are wrong. So I had someone who had a drop off address of 3600 Market Street, for whatever reason the drop off location in Google Maps was down 36th street closer to Filbert (the Address clearly stated 3600 Market in both Uber and Google Maps). I've noticed this happening A TON lately and I have to double check my drop off locations now each time I get close to the area. Luckily the PAX have been cool about it as I explain it as an app issue and they don't seem to mind. It just seems the drop offs are consistently taking me to random side streets as opposed to the address that is used.

Thinking about it. Maybe the issue is related to the longitude/latitude it appears to use when you select navigate in Uber and it sends it to Google Maps. Maybe I'll try switching to Waze.

ng4ever

I have this issue sometimes and sometimes need to enter the address manually where I am at. I don't mind. GPS has a long way to go to be 100% actuate

Danz Haagen

Started noticing that the app is screwing up pick up and droff off locations. Last night had a PAX request to be picked up at 220 Arch. Got to the location, rider notified. He called me immediately. He said he isn't sure how it happened, but he was actually over at 3rd and Market.

I've noticed a lot the Pin placement is a mess lately. Also noticing (and this could be a Google Maps issue) that my drop off locations are wrong. So I had someone who had a drop off address of 3600 Market Street, for whatever reason the drop off location in Google Maps was down 36th street closer to Filbert (the Address clearly stated 3600 Market in both Uber and Google Maps). I've noticed this happening A TON lately and I have to double check my drop off locations now each time I get close to the area. Luckily the PAX have been cool about it as I explain it as an app issue and they don't seem to mind. It just seems the drop offs are consistently taking me to random side streets as opposed to the address that is used.

Thinking about it. Maybe the issue is related to the longitude/latitude it appears to use when you select navigate in Uber and it sends it to Google Maps. Maybe I'll try switching to Waze.
When you approach the pin, look at uber app, not the gps

Webster614

Yea, I've been doing that. The point is I shouldn't have to worry about it. I'm just curious if anyone else has seen this happen with their nav apps?

John Zeiger

I noticed that in center city, Waze will take you to the nearest side street instead of the actual address...for example, I was going to the corner of 18th St and JFK Blvd and it wanted me to turn onto Commerce St...maybe it knows parking is at a premium there :-)

Bel_din

Google like the rear of the destination of side street. Also if you get on 676 at 8th street it thinks your on vine all the time.